Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I broke out with hives.I used allegre 3 days ago The swelling

I broke out with hives.I used allegre 3 days ago The swelling went down and iching went
away in half hour.Next day it came back,Ihave taken 1 pill per day.Should i increase
dosage,I am 90 years od in good health.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

It is likely you are reacting against a food item, medication or an environmental allergen.

Mysticdoc :

Allegra is good to control allergic reaction.

Mysticdoc :

The standard dose is twice daily.

Mysticdoc :

Another option is to use benadryl tablets upto 3-4 times daily --however benadryl can cause drowsiness.

Mysticdoc :

Given the persistent reactions, you should see your doctor soon for allergy testing.

Mysticdoc :

Steroids can be used as they are stronger than allegra or benadryl in resistant cases.

Mysticdoc :

Please also discuss with your doctor.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Mysticdoc : Hi there,
Mysticdoc : It is likely you are reacting against a food item, medication or an environmental allergen.
Mysticdoc : Allegra is good to control allergic reaction.
Mysticdoc : The standard dose is twice daily.
Mysticdoc : Another option is to use benadryl tablets upto 3-4 times daily --however benadryl can cause drowsiness.
Mysticdoc : Given the persistent reactions, you should see your doctor soon for allergy testing.
Mysticdoc : Steroids can be used as they are stronger than allegra or benadryl in resistant cases.
Mysticdoc : Please also discuss with your doctor.
Mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile: