Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

The soles of my feet are extremely sore and tender to walk

The soles of my feet are extremely sore and tender to walk on. This problem is reoccurring, however this is the first time it has lasted multiple days. The problem always first manifests itself as an extreme itchy sensation on the sole of my foot, then progresses into pain. the sole appears normal, until I start to "move" some of the blood around with pressure from my finger, then red dime sized spots are visible.

Anthony Bray MD : I would suggest that you consult a podiatrist for further evaluation and help for this problem. I think that one strong possible reason for your pain could be plantar fasciitis . This condition may cause inflammation of the plantar fascia which is a broad band of connective tissue along the bottom of the feet and attaches to the heel. You might benefit from gel type insoles and/heel cups if you have this condition.
Anthony Bray MD : You may benefit from treatment with an anti-inflammatory medicine such as Aleve 1 to 2 tablets twice a day.
Anthony Bray MD : You can try stretches by scrunching up up a towel with your toes - ten to twenty reps - twice a day
Customer:

Thank you for your advice.

Customer:

Regards.