Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have a sharp pain deep in the left groin area, the pain

I have a sharp pain deep in the left groin area, the pain is sharp and go 's after a few steps. I have had alot of back, & Knee pain this dose not seem to be conected.
Good morning:

How long have you had this pain?

Does anything you do seem to help the pain?

Did this start suddenly or gradually?

Do you have a lump or tenderness in this area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Over a year, it go's away after a few steps, suddenly, tenderness for a while after the pain. no lump

Thank you:

There are several things that could be causing this pain. Things that come to mind include arthritis or other problems in the hip joint, a hernia or even problems with the back such as a herniated disc.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make a diagnosis or exclude any of these possibilities without a physical examination and possibly some tests (such as an X-ray or MRI).

I would strongly suggest making an appointment with your personal physician to have this properly evaluated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's a very general answer. is their anythng I can do to releave the pain till I can get into the Dr. on the 29 of june.

It appears from your original post that you have tried Aleve. Other options would include acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil).

I find that most patients do better with ibuprofen (Advil) than Aleve, however this is not always the case. You could try Advil to see if that helped. You could also try Tylenol for this pain.

I understand that this is a very general answer, but we are very limited in the ability to determine possible causes of any symptom without the ability to examine someone online.