Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

my blood pressure is at 103/ 67 my heart rate is under 60 i

my blood pressure is at 103/ 67 my heart rate is under 60 i do take blood pressure meds should i worry
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

Hi

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

On which medications you are on?

Customer:

atenolol 50 mg but i cut it n half

DR HASAN :

so you are on 25mg.

Customer:

yes

DR HASAN :

Ok since how long you are on this?

Customer:

its going 3 weeks that i hv been cutting them n half

DR HASAN :

You started on 50mg?

Customer:

yes

DR HASAN :

How frequently you check your BP and what are the readings most of the time?

DR HASAN :

Before i answer, i would like to get all details for appropriate answer.

Customer:

i havent chek in awhile i tk my med like around 9:00 p.m. but when i check it n the day time its l=like around 120 135

DR HASAN :

You mean it's mostly around 120 to 135

Customer:

yes

DR HASAN :

You have got just one reading of 103/67?

DR HASAN :

How many hours back you took your last dosage?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

what do u mean i tk my bhp meds like around late at night 9:00 10:00 or b4 i go to bed

DR HASAN :

I what to know exact time because we might be in different time zones.

DR HASAN :

So i need to know in terms of hours that how many hours back you took your last dosage?

Customer:

im n arizona i tk it yesterday at 10:00 p.m.

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input.

DR HASAN :

You should not take your dosage now.

DR HASAN :

Although your blood pressure and pulse is still in lower normal range but repeating dosage can take it down further.

Customer:

i did at 9;00

DR HASAN :

Ok then it's fine.

DR HASAN :

Before you take your next dosage tomorrow, you should keep the record of your blood pressure and pulse.

Customer:

ok im really scared im tired and very sleepy

DR HASAN :

Blood pressure should not go below 90 and pulse should not go below 60.

Customer:

should i tk the meds like around 4:00 p.m. not so close to bed time

DR HASAN :

There is no need to worry because you still are in normal range.

Customer:

ok

DR HASAN :

There is no harm in taking dosage at anytime, you can take as per convenience.

DR HASAN :

Your levels are normal right now.

DR HASAN :

What you should do is just drink lots of fluid before you sleep.

Customer:

ok im trying to lose weight i have a beautiful baby girl i dont want her to b w/out a daddy

DR HASAN :

Come on, you are over stressing yourself and it's not good for you.

Customer:

i no

DR HASAN :

You are doing fine, you should be happy that medicines are working for you.

Customer:

u did help me fell a lil better thk u

DR HASAN :

Sometime a slight dose adjustment is required.

DR HASAN :

I am glad to hear this and i assure you that you are perfect.

Customer:

should i cut the 25 mg in half too

DR HASAN :

Just relax.

DR HASAN :

No

DR HASAN :

You should continue the same and monitor your blood pressure daily.

DR HASAN :

Keep a record of it and take to your doctor after two to three weeks so that can decide about future dosage.

Customer:

ok DR thk u for the info

DR HASAN :

You are most welcome, I wish you good luck for everything,Lots of love for your baby girl, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer:

thk u happy father's day to u

DR HASAN :

Same to you :)

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery