Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

pain on right side near kidney from sleeping on right side.

pain on right side near kidney from sleeping on right side. once up and walking pain goes away
Hi. My name isXXXXX I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How long has this been going on for?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Does the pain wake you from a deep sleep?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

problems for about three mouths

other symptons no

This might be related to a problem with your back where nerves are being compressed while you are laying down. That being said, there could be many, many reasons for your pain..... Since you have already changed mattresses, I don't think your bed is the cause.

In any event, pain such as this that has been going on for so long and that occasionally wakes you from a deep sleep really needs a hands-on complete physical exam by an internal medicine MD. Is it an emergency that you be checked out? No, I don't believe so but I would try to get in to the doctor in the next week or two.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I was just thinking about you today and wondering if your doctor has been able to figure out what is causing your pain.

I hope it is nothing serious and you are already feeling better.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Take care and have a good day.