Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have neuropathy in both feet, it getting on my nerves , so

I have neuropathy in both feet, it getting on my nerves , so to speak, any latest info
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

how long has this been going on for?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

Do you have any other symptoms?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr Rick,

My Neuropathy started about 8-9 years ago, and slowing getting worse, over time, and yes I have arthritis, too. but no to bad, not on medication,

I was wondering if there was any thing new, it sure has slowed me up, and not able to enjoy life in my later years, its cruel to live with.

Regards jEAN

Jean,

Have your doctors done a workup to find out why you are having the peripheral neuropathy? There are many causes of this condition and, in some cases, treatment varies depending on the cause.

Are your feet the only areas affected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr Rick,

I have been told I had it, after tests, on my nerves in my legs, but no fellow up test or comments, have been done, just put on Lyrica 2x a day, I had been on Codapane Forte, some years, ago, and then I found these socks from USA, which helped, and taking vit B,yes so far its only my feet that are affected, I rearly don,t know what the cause could be.

Thank you Dr Rick

Regards Jean

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the test done on my legs were found, that the problem was below my knees, I fell down a hole that was still covered with grass, about 10 years ago, and had a little pain in my right knee, since then, I have had continues pain, I went to a bone specialist, and was told it was arthritis, and have had a knee replacement, but I have still got the pain, and was hoping the neuropathy, would go in that leg , but no it didn,t. found out it was a pinched nerve, by a physio, now it is strap up all the time but it has eased the pain in my knee, but not my feet, with all that is going on, Its getting beyond me, [ my dad had arthritis too] may be it is arthritis below my knees, sorry I dont want to waste your time, thank for you help. Regards Jean

Jean,

You are not wasting my time....I'm here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having this problem for so long.

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I live in the USA and, as such, I do not know much about the teaching hospitals in Australia. I do know, however, that Sydney and other major cities have excellent large medical centers. Perhaps you could ask your doctor for a referral to one.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr Rick,

Thank you for your help, I will do that, should be one in Brisbane.

Regards Jean

Jean,

My pleasure. I hope the doctors in Brisbane can get you some relief.

Take care.