Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/NotaBumblebee100/20130614_203430_zpsc6a8bf0d.jpg

I was outside mowing the lawn around 4pm and was attacked by bugs like mosquitoes. I was completely covered in itchy welts. I noticed one bite on my arm that was red, but not welting up like the mosquito bites. it looked like two puncture wounds.

I did not see a bat, but there were a lot bugs swarming me, and it was later afternoon. Could I have been bitten without knowing it? Does this look like a bat bite, or just coincidental mosquito bites?

RickMD :

Hi. My name isXXXXX completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

RickMD :

I've reviewed your picture.

RickMD :

I bet it is just a couple of mosquito bites close together.

Customer:

That's what I was hoping. They never welted up like the other ones... and I know bats eat mosquitoes and I was worried one may have bitten me when I wasn't looking as it dove for a bug.

RickMD :

In any event, there is no way you would miss being bit by a bat, even if there were bats in your area that would even want to bite a human.

RickMD :

So. The take home message? Don't worry.

Customer:

That's what I thought, but I figured I should ask. They just looked different from the other bites. Thanks so much!

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS