Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Hello, is a dry cough common after someone quits smoking and

Customer Question

Hello, is a dry cough common after someone quits smoking and for how long should it last
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

When exactly you quited smoking?

Do you have any symp***** *****ke nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, headache?

Do you cough more when you are in bed?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I quit mid April, took chantix off and on for two months, I do cough more when in bed and early mornings and after I eat, have history of breast cancer 2010,stage 1, lumpectomy/radiation, seen oncology in may and blood work fine, seen internal medicine doc for follow up on high blood pressure, was on amplomine but no longer taking it since may, blood pressure only high at dr office, anxiety most likely the cause for that, I also was diagnosed with rrms in December, and also have tumor on left side of neck about 3 cm down from ear close to carotid artery and vagus nerve, that is being monitored by my ent. I also told my dr I started having slight difficulty swallowing bread, dry food, also have history of gall bladder surgery, he wants me to see gastr doc for follow up and my ent sooner than my scheduled visit in oct.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Kimberly thanks a lot for your input. Your reply is surely going to help me to provide a good answer. Yes some people do cough more after quiting smoking because the small hair cells in our respiratory tract start healing after cessation of smoking. In this process of healing irritation is caused and that result in cough. But that cough is supposed to last no more than one month. So in my opinion that is not your cause. In my opinion as per your description, the cause in your case can be acid reflux from your stomach. The difficulty in swallowing and coughing more in morning also indicate towards that. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC cap Omeprazole 40mg once daily in morning, before breakfast for two weeks can provide excellent relief. In addition to that few steps like sleeping with head end of the bed elevated slightly by a pillow, avoidance of smoking, drinking and spicy foods can help you a lot. Make sure that you don't sleep just after your meals, give a break of two hours at least. If symptoms persist then definitely your gastro doc will further assess you but hopefully you will feel better soon. I hope this helps you. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the input, I was afraid of that, I'm just stubborn, I only smoked from dec til April, and no more than 5 a day, I was a bit stressed with the ms diag in dec and then in January had mammogram and was abnormal and biopsy done, that was too much all at one time, biopsy was clear, thank god, but didn't make it any easier, with history of cancer.oncologist said it was inflammation scar tissue, don't remember medical term exactly. I do know I had burning sensation in breast a lot when I smoked and it went away when I quit. Radiation dr said it was phantom pain.. I see my int/med dr in two weeks to follow up on his referral to gastro and to see my ent sooner than oct, both I didn't go see, wish me luck, My mass has grown since I seen ent last oct, but not that much, stubborn girl will listen to dr next time, tired of coughing
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Kimberly thanks a lot for your understanding. Seeing internal medicine doctor will be beneficial for you and he will provide you with further guidance, Your dry cough is not likely to be associated with any cancer, so don't stress yourself. I wish you all the best and wish you lots of prayers for your appointment and good health. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need a lot of prayers thanks, ***** ***** not going to be to pleased with me, I will go see him anyway, thanks for the time and good nite from texas
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
My prayers will be with you. You are always welcome, any day, anytime. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, can medicine you suggested be taken with ampyra? And since your ent I ask this-I misquoted earlier, mass is right side of neck not left, ct show adjacent to carotid sheath size April 2012 was 31x23x19,oct 2012 was 33x23x19,ct say it indents the jugular vein and slightly displaces it laterally, it has grown since oct, could cough be related to pressure on vagus nerve, as I do cough when I touch mass? And please explain what ct report means -tiny level II lymph nodes noted on right and also noted right thyroid lobe new 5 mm cyst. Plan treatment is ultrasound to monitor size, ent said no ct since I had so much radiation already, he said dissectable,but wouldn't do it when I seen him last October, since I had symptoms of ms and he actually guided me to seek out neuro. Even though ms is inactive could that also hamper swallowing
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Kimberly thanks a lot for your input. I will try to address your concerns separately and later you can ask more for clarification.

1. Yes that drug can be taken with ampyra, there is no drug interaction between the two.

2. You didn't tell me that you get cough on touching the mass but to some extent yes cough here can be related to mass but in your specific case, you get the same cough more in morning which has no relation to the mass. In any case omeprazole should be tried.

3. Ct scan report means that there are two tiny lymph nodes. Now if they have just mentioned tiny and if their size is less than 1 cm then they are not significant. Lymph node in neck is significant when it is more than 1cm in size. Thyroid lobe contains a cyst which again is not a problem but cystic masses are almost aways benign. If you can't get CT scan, they can be monitored by neck ultrasound.

I again wish you all the best ad please always feel free to ask anything you want.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try drug, thanks for info from ct, my ent wasn't said he wasn't concerned with it, I was curious, I should have asked him more? I had ms signs months before I told any dr I was concerned, I saw him oct blood pressure 177/95, he finally drug it out of me why I stressed , ugh then the long lecture, made me mad so I didn't dare ask him no more?, he said if I was his sister he would dr appoint for me and drag me there, and other things I can't repeat, lol , but he said I needed to follow up on high blood pressure and ms symp for my self. He was right, I just didn't want to hear I had ms, but I am feeling much better, like he said I would, you have stubborn patients like me often? I see lecture coming again when I see him again for smoking, but I hug him anyway, love him the most. Question -could trouble swallowing be ms progressing?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Well I will not call you a stubborn patient. Rather i must call you a worried person and that is completely ok with me. Coming to your question, yes swallowing difficulty in your case can be due to MS. I will not say that it means progression of disease but yes it is a symptom of MS and can present at any stage. You should get barium swallow and that will clarify the cause. I hope this helps you, regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for replying, have a good weekend, so I guess when my doc refers me to gastro doc again, I guess I need to go ahead and go and swallow that nasty stuff lol
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that's not a nasty stuff. Comes in orange flavour too :) good luck and get well soon. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Howdy doc, the omeprazole helped a lot, I haven't coughed in over a week, you reckon I can ask you about something else?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
HI i am so glad to hear this. Yes sure you can ask anything anytime, I am here to help you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions to make eye stop twitching? Driving me insane
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Oh i am so sorry to hear about your problem. Since how long you have this? Any other symp***** *****ke double vision, headache, weakness, dry eye, red eye, twitching anywhere else in body? Is this twitching continuous or comes and goes? What are your diagnosed medical problems? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a week, twitching in arm not as bad, no pain,no blurry vision, very fatigued this week, charley horse under ribs couple days ago, ribs sore now, RRMS, very hot here in Houston this week, 102 today, MS MonSter not nice this week, just irritated mostly
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Kimberly thank you so much for providing these details. The most common cause of eye twitching is stress, fatigue and excessive use of caffeine and alcohol. The other causes can be eye problems like eye inflammation, brain disorders etc. Sometime calcium and other mineral deficiencies can do this also. As per your symptoms, i am of the opinion that eye or bran disorder is not likely in your case. So first suggestion is to relax.. Do breathing exercises to reduce your stress. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and tea. Take diet rich in calcium like milk, yogurt, cheese etc. You should also take any over the counter multivitamin tablet. Lastly if the problem persist, see an eye doctor or even your primary. But first step is not to stress yourself. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Hasan only, while I am waiting on response from other question...I told you I had mass in neck, my ent surgeon says its glomus vagale tumor, we watching it since oct 2011, biopsy done, so not doing that again, coughed too much, it was clear, in your opinion with my medical history would you advise to keep watching or take out, I aware of risks, won't it keep grown and have greater risks?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Glomus vagale is slow growing mass and usually surgery is not down for t if it is not giving much symptoms so yes i would suggest that you should be kept under observation. It's not necessary that it will keep growing. Suppose if it does then you can get it removed but right now prefer monitoring. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you reckon twitching is not related to MS?, I just now saw your reply sorry, I go back to ent oct, you reckon it be alright to holler back at ya if I have any questions then? I was hoping you just had an old wives tale to make it stop twitching is all :)
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
No it's not so, yes it can be related to MS but i always prefer to consider more likely and more common causes first. Old wives tale, LOL, here it goes.

1. Massage your eyes with fingers.
2. while having twitching, close your eyes gently and lean your head backwards.
3. Sometime placing of cucumber slices over the eyes help.

I hope this helps you, all the best again, please ask if you have any question, please spare sometime to rate my answer, regards.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright darlin , I will try, your very quick witted, enjoy your summer, I will be glad when its over, still might holler back atcha in October if its alright if I got question or two from ent visit, until then. On strike from drs lol :)
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
HAHA, really enjoyed your reply. All the best from my side. Go on strike but whenever you need me, just come back on this page any day anytime. Goodbye
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Howdy doc, well your old wives didn't work very well, but took ya advice to relax with mani-pedi and a couple of reflexology massages, twitching not nearly has bad as it was, more massages should nip it in the bud :). I wanna ask if you ever heard of the herb corteza peruana.? My coworker gave some today in a bottle of water, said its good for ya, you ever heard of such thang and your thoughts?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 months ago.

kimberly thank you so much for getting back to me. I am glad that you are back from strike :). Yes i know about this herb. Why you want to use it? Regards

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
For more energy, i am still on strike, just not from u, never followed back up with my doc, cough went away, thinking about not going for we'll woman exam, my oncologists check my breasts and I been on tamoxifen for 3 years and cycles stopped couple months after I started drug, so is there really need to keep going every year.
kimberly thank you so much for everything. This herb has a property that it detoxifies the blood and removes muscle fatigue. Although no one cannot be sure that it will work for you but i do recommend that you can give it a try as it is natural and not going to harm you as such. Inform your doctor because it's necessary. I hope this helps you, regards.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No crossing picket line mister, I'll end up going, just will procrastinate a bit, lol, off to place that me, got a hankering for breakfast I shouldn't have :)
My best wishes will be with you always :)
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Bye darlin, :)
Bye ;)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Howdy from your favorite Texan, still on strike lol, eye twitch stopped for a couple of days came back again ugh!. Can I ask u something else
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 months ago.
Hi strike girl, I am so happy to see you here :)
You can ask me anything any time.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What would cause stabbing pain in lower back when laying down on bed or couch
Well i would like to get some detail.

Since how long you have this?
Can you bend down to touch your toes?
Any numbness or tingling in legs?
Any abdominal pain or any other symp***** *****ke constipation, diarrhea, vaginal discharge etc?
Anything you have tried for this?

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
For about a month, yes can touch toes no problem, no numbness, occasional twitching in leg, only hurts when lay on something soft I guess, don't last more than five minutes, feel ok when walking or sitting on hard chair, I have no abdominal pain, but have a problem with hemorrhoid last couple months and this week have had really overactive bladder
kimberly thanks a lot for your input. As per symptoms this sounds like a back muscle spasm. There are lots of other causes for such lower back pain like disc protrusions, arthritis etc but your one's sounds like muscular spasm. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab aleve twice daily and massage of the area with OTC bengay gel is very effective. For few weeks try not to lift any heavy weight. Try to sleep on hard surface and don't ride a bike. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. If symptoms persist then seeing a doctor and getting xrays is suggested but i know you will not go to doctor :) so i am hopeful that my suggestions will help you. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Definitely not riding a bike or anything else outside, too cotton pickin hot, and heat make me very fatigue, so is best best treatment for hemorrhoid to add more fiber. No pain or burning or itching or bleeding and only happens after every bowel movement-I can push it back in its ok then, I do take alive already in morning sometimes foe mass in lump can be pain the neck when I wake up, will try Bengay also
Thanks for your input. Yes for hemorrhoids more fiber is essential. You can get fiber from sources like psyllium husk. Avoidance of constipation is the aim. Whenever you feel constipated you can take OTC metamucil. Drink 8 glasses of water daily. Wish you all the best, regards.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Been adding Metamucil 5 capsules in am and night for about 3 weeks,and drink lots of water, how long does it take to see effect.
The effect should be immediate, if that is not helping then you should see doctor but if you don't then you can take OTC stool softener syrups but you should use them for long. Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright already I give it another 2 weeks and see if it gets better, if not I will call my doc, :) can I ask u one more thang?
Thanks for accepting my suggestion. Yes sure please ask.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So if corteza peruana removes toxins from bloodstream would that include nicotine:(
No one knows that it will eliminate nicotine or not but since you hae already quitted smoking, you have already eliminated much nicotine yourself from your body and by the end of 1 year, you will be having no more nicotine in your system.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
:( sorry started again off and on last week,that's why I asked, not stressed just really irritated, thing to stop, if I can't I will go dr :), thanks for your time, I give you good bonus, old man's credit card anyway, lol
Kimberly you will quit smoking one day, i wish and pray. Don't worry about bonus. Your appreciation and trust in my biggest bonus. Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Awe how sweet, don't worry I get it together, will go see dr if problems persist, he will give me script for chantix again maybe, but made me agitate , didnt like takin it,thinking about going to Md Anderson, they offer free help and one on one counseling,blessed to live 30 minutes away from tx med center, and I did call for another neuro opinion, going off strike :), mine thinks my ms is inactive and doesn't want to start on drugs yet except for amprya,, only 4 lesion on brain and two episodes of optic neuritis, for it to be inactive it sure seems active in summer months, that's why I so irritated, have a good whatever time of day it is, be blessed
He decision that you have decide to go off the strike is best. My best wishes will be with you and prayers too. Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
;) bye
Bye :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Howdy Dr Hasan, strike is over, :). My neuroeye dr called to remind me of 6 month follow up next week, aye heck guess I go, eye twitching still happening, and I made appointment with internal medicine dr for following week, now just go for we'll woman exam, I got two reminders in mail already, I call them next week, and I hadn't smoked in 3 days :),progress. 3 year anniversary today from lumpectomy, going out with my boots on tonight to celebrate, I try not to cause a ruckus. No questions now, maybe after ent visit in October, hope I made you smile to start your weekend off.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 10 months ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. You made my day really :). I am so glad to know that you have not smoked. My best wishes are with you always. Have a great life :))))))
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
strike girl says sorry she caught you offline, no hurry to respond, she went off strike seen neuroeye doc, vision, optic nerves unchanged :),but I have a nevus in 1 eye,have known about for many years, she was not happy with picture says its changed slightly since last visit, showing a little orange pigment, sending me to ocular oncology/retina specialist. :( wasn't expecting to add another specialist to payroll, ugh,,! trying not to stress to much & be positive & just think doc wants a more high tech picture, ya see why I reluctant to go to docs and go on strike. so how worried should I be? sorry to be a pest, just frustrated, cancer, ms, glomus vagale tumor should be enough already in 3 years, maybe I am just getting old lol
Strike girl, good to hear from you. I am so sorry that now this nevus issue has raised but no problem, let's discuss. What has your doctor told you about it? Has it changed it's colour? How much is the size increase and do you any symptoms associated with it? Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she didn't say if it changed size was only concerned with outer edges showing orange pigmentation, no symptoms, vision is fine, perhaps they want to be cautious
Thanks a lot for your input. First of all i am sorry for the delay. There are many factors which can indicate signs of cancers in a nevus Change in size, orange pigmentation, decreased vision, flashing lights etc all can indicate cancer but only orange pigmentation is not usually sufficient to be sure that this is cancer. You have very rightly be sent for further investigations but till you don't get it investigated, there is no need to be stressed for sure because so far as per symptoms, the risk is very low. Best wishes and prayers for you as always. Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no problem with long delay, had to go to work, lunch break now, I will try not to stress too much, I will make appointment next week, still smoke free :), thanks for easing my mind a bit. bye darlin
you are most welcome and always welcome my dear. I am glad that you are no more stressed. Just have a great lunch and keep enjoying your life. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
bye, lunch was great, had enough tamales for both of us, now back to the salt grinds
HAaaaaaaaa, Now i am feeling hungry :). Good bye.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hope you had a Good Friday 13th :) all is well, eye specialist said choroidal nevus was ok for now, said it was flat, a little drusen, she didn't like the thickness of it(sorry don't remember thickness) and close to retina, so just keep checking every 6 months make sure no fluid leaking. super duper bright lights no good someone light sensitive, it was hell, but pictures were cool, lol. int/med doc sent for X-ray for back pain, facet arthropathy , sent me to physical therapy, therapist thinks its more muscular skeleton pain, I don't know difference, heck just blame it on MS. wish me well next month for well woman exam, finally made appointment, (3mths late) & visit ent follow up same week, holding my breath all go normal :) or going back on strike!!! ya reckon once I stop tamoxifen in 2 years menstrual cycles will start again? just curious, if so that would be no bueno!
Hi my dear strike girl,

First of all congratulations on your normal eye examination. I am really glad to hear this and i really thought of you once or twice regarding your results and here you are. As far as back pain is concerned, let me tell you a secret, whether the cause is facet atrophy or musculoskeletal, the treatment is same so "tension not". I wish you all the best for your both examinations and yes getting the menstruation back does matter, it will have positive impact on you. What you need is just to get best wishes from me and everything will start moving in a positive direction LOL. All the best!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how you figure if getting menstruating back will have positive impact, I haven't missed not havin it, it can stay away, can't I take another drug to keep it away, maybe menopause is not such a bad thing, already have hot/ cold flashes :) your very funny
In my opinion yes you should let the menstruation come back. I suggest you not to stop it by any medicine because things look good when they are natural. The more you stay away from nature, more the troubles will be. Anyhow you can use contraceptive pills to stay away from menstruation but your choice. Good luck again :)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I bet if you we're a woman you wouldn't agree ...
LoL, I agree.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Any confusion?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no confusion, just side swiped by hot guy with cowboy hat on tv , thanks for thinking of me, means a lot for ya to say such thang, i getting better every day, can't keep this redneck girl down for long
After not getting your reply, i kind of get worried. So strike girl things going good for you. Just keep moving in your life. I am foreseeing much better days for you in future. Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yeppers things are, bye darling
Bye Bye dear.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello darling can I ask you ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 months ago.
:) Yes my dear.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cant stop yawning and can't catch breath all day, started copaxone yesterday.? Any thoughts
Thanks for your input. Yawning is a rare side effect of Copaxone. It can be primary problem or can be secondary to Copaxone. If it is very bothersome, contact your doctor but if you don't have any respiratory distress and if you feel fine while sleeping, try to give it a day or two, it is likely to improve. All depends on the fat that how severe is your problem and can you go with it for a day or two. I hope this helps you. Regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So maybe I should say I was smoking a little last couple of days, maybe related to that.? Also started taking nuvigl this week .
Well smoking is not related here but yes nuvigil can add to the fatigue but can't cause yawning itself. My advise still remains the same as above. Good luck to you as always :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok darlin,, maybe anxiety? Really stressful week, um I confused, I thought nuvigil was to help with fatigue and sleepiness? , it's sure keeping me up at night, but your strike girl made progress, went to neuro for second opinion, now MRI showed 25 lesions on Brain, dec last year was 5, so he started me on drugs, I was kinda freaked bout daily injections, seen ent for glomus vagale, only grew like .5mm, guess your well wishes did me some good lol, you reckon sleep and leave the smokes alone I probably be alright, :) if I was gonna have reaction to copaxone, it would have happened yesterday, I haven't did it yet today
Yes strike girl, I think it's not nuviguil and you should keep using drugs as advised. It's definitely not a drug reaction, it's just a side effect. Try to give it a day or two. Sorry to hear about your brain lesions. Don't worry you have started the drugs so now hope for the best. 0.5 mm growth is not very significant. Just keep your moral up, that's what you can do. Rest of things are being done by nature and we can fight with them by drugs but after all moral matters. My best wishes and prayers definitely will keep following you everywhere. Take care and best of luck. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks as always darlin,, gonna keep moral up, at least he prescribed an auto injector for copaxone, didn't hurt a bit, nurse was with me yesterday for first time, off to go see if I can do this stupid injection, gonna be interesting :) bye bye
Hi sorry for the delay. I got stuck somewhere. Yes if it's auto injector then this is great. All the best to you dear. Please keep me updated. Bye bye :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
howdy darling, Happy Halloween, doing ok, getting used to doing injections everyday, it's ok, just stings for about 15 minutes, not to bad , been little dizzy this week, do injections at night and dizzy during day, seems to hit me more after I smoke, so didn't buy no more and see if it helps :) any thoughts.?
Happy Halloween my dear strike girl. Oh I am so sorry to hear about your problem. I need few details.
Do you feel spinning while being dizzy or feel unsteady?
Any ear ringing or decreased hearing?
Any chest pain etc?
How long this dizzy spell lasts?
Regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

darlin, feel unsteady, no chest pain, happens when i stand, better when i sit back down, ugh strangest thang, started spotting last night, feel cycle coming, that hasnt happn in almost 3 years, what the heck?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
afternoon darlin, left smokes alone today, :yea, still feelin more lightheaded than dizzy today, Mother Nature has officially graced me with her appearance today could all this be from coaxing or surprise cycle, ugh haven't missed it, no hurry to respond, I gotta go to work , blah, I try to check back on lunch break
Hi sweet heart, I apologize for the delay first of all. Actually was busy today. Dizziness comes from three systems of the body mainly. Ears, Heart (including blood pressure) and Brain. Spinning is quite characteristic for ear disorders but as per your symptoms this doesn't seems to be your case. Unsteadiness is characteristic for heart and blood pressure disorders. Feeling dizziness while standing from a sitting position or when rising from reclining position goes towards heart and blood pressure disorders. Most likely its related to your blood pressure fluctuation. Brain disorders can cause both spinning and unsteadiness. Low blood pressure is most likely your case or less likely it can be side effect of some of your drugs. Point is what you need to do. You need to check your blood pressure, you need to drink lots of fluids. You should put a pillow under your feet while sleeping and should not sit for long with hanging legs. Every time you want to get up from a sitting position, do this slowly and while sitting keep moving your toes frequently. If symptoms persist see your doctor but hopefully will not be required. I wish and pray that you get well soon :) , please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always and yes try not to smoke, regards.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok darlin, will start checking b/p, just checked it was 123/68, thanks for listening to me so much, have a good weekend
Most welcome dear. Keep me updated. Right now BP is ok but keep checking. Regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oky doky I will keep checkn it and keep ya updated, so whatca reckon caused cycle to start out of blue, I haven't stopped takin tamoxifen? just curious is all, goodbye & goodnight ;)
Yes I do understand that these sudden happenings make one worried but don't worry nothing sounds serious to me. Goodbye.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello darlin, ya reckon copaxone cause low blood pressure. still really lightheaded and pressure goin lower, has been 90/60, 83/53 85/53 90/55 last four days and today was 91/51? your strike girl had bad stomach virus last week, went to er,couldn't hold nothing down for 3 days, couple IV, gi cocktail and good drugs, feelin much better, blood pressure in er was 80/50. Been Gitn welts the day after injections, doesn't itch or nothn, first week it didn't bother me, hadn't used auto injector last two days and no reaction so far, why you figure that is? feelin good other than lightheaded, er did blood work all was ok, I reckon I might oughta send my neuro doc message, felt better without drugs, :)
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 months ago.
My sweet strike girl, it's so good to read your message at this time. You always come out of blue :). Your BP definitely is low and is the cause of your light headed feeling. Have they done EKG so far? How many glasses of water you are drinking these days and what your doctor said otherwise about this low BP? Regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no they haven't did EKG, drink like 5 or 6 glasses of water every day, and started drinking Gatorade, I sho nuff gonna send my Neuro message in bit, cause all this wackyness seem to be a happening since I started copaxone
Thanks a lot for your input. Last and quick question. What is your pulse rate usually these days?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hoovers in the 80's
Thanks a lot for your input. Yes copaxone can be the cause of your low blood pressure. Let me tell you that copaxone causes high blood pressure mostly but since you are special, the side effects you get are also special :). Here is a link where it has been mentioned that hypotension is infrequent side effect of copaxone.

http://www.rxlist.com/copaxone-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Consult your neurologist and later if he says, get your heart evaluated once to look for any associated problem, although i don't think that you have any but still as the problem is persisting, you should get this checked. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
oky doky poky, will do, I will holler atcha one day outa blue again :). I know I special :) if all else fails I would just come to your parts of the world so ya could fix me up, but it's almost crawfish season here, can't miss that ...bye darlin
Bye bye dear. Remember me while enjoying the fish :)
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

howdy darlin,all is well, HAPPY NEW YEAR is all ;-)

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thanks a lot for wishing me new year. Happy new to you too and i hope you are doing well. Really felt glad to see your message :) Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ya' sho nuff welcome, can't forget bout you on New Years, I am feeln good, no more troubles with side effects from ms med I started in october, BP back to normal no more lightheaded, reckon my body got use ta it finally, and monthly cycle didn't come in December(hoping it stays away for another 3 years lol)-, and it's finally spicy Louisiana style crawfish season, strike girl happy happy happy. Good riddance 2013! Bye darln, ya'll have a good 2014
Strike girl, you are an amazing person. So many problems are around but you are still lively. Keep it up my girl and keep in touch. Regards
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi ya doc, good news, bad news,-copaxone 40mg available here now only 3 day a week injections, instead of 20 mg daily yea, my neuro ok me to switch to 3 day, plan to start in couple weeks when i out of 20mg,but kinda scared, bout 3 weeks ago i broke out with hives day after injection, stopped injections for a week, hives went away, started again last monday and had hives again since thursday, widespread hives, no itching, feel ok, really red, fades away and comes back, would 40mg make hives worse.? dont want to tell neuro case he wants to change drug to others that worse side effects.. no changes in food, cleaners etc.....
my oncolgist sched me for mammogram in 2 weeks, if they call me back for biopsy like they did last year, and get freaked cancer back, i might just outa punch them in the face, lol, just kidding, but really hate going there, so send me your prayers,, night darlin
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 months ago.
Hello dear strike girl, You are surely going to live a long life because I thought of you yesterday and within few hours got your email. The answers to your questions are very simple.

1. Contact your neuro and mention about the hives because hives surely mean that you are getting a reaction and definitely 40 mg can worsen the hives. It can also cause further symptoms of reaction and I suggest you to inform your doctor.

2. You are not going to have cancer back so don't get stressed even if they call you back for biopsy because my prayers and wishes will be around you like a shield :)

I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks darlin, sorry was offline when you replied, went to work 6-3 today, takin break, yea i know i need to call neoro, just stubborn, you know, will let you know how it all turns out, back to work,,ugh one should not go to bed at midnight, when alarm goes off at 4:30am, good thing for nuvigil,lol, 3 more hours, & nap time !
Great sweet heart . Keep saying hi off and on. You know I start missing you ;)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
;)
Goodbye
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
howdy doc, well i reckon your well wishes did me good, told ya oncologist sent me for diagnositic mammo, and he ordered ultrasound also,, only did mammogram, radiologist dr. said i didnt need ultrasound, so guessing good till next year, of course they dont tell ya results, have appoint with oncologist next week for results, not worried a bit :) woo hoo. still have a little trouble with hives, no i didnt call neuro, trin to tough it out, starting higher dose next monday, we will see how it goes, will be careful, hopfefully my hives wont be to bad when i see oncologist next week, otherwise my good appointment might not go so well.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your input sweetheart. So all going well for you. Don't worry if hives are still persisting but not causing any problem, this means that there is nothing to worry. Regarding mammogram, if doctor hasn't ordered ultrasound, this means that worry about cancer is no more there. So enjoy your work, enjoy your life and remember me in your prayers also :) Regards
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i will darling, think you misread , my oncologist ordered ultrasound, but the radiologist said no needed, taking it as good thing, love you, hollar back atcha when you least expect it lol

LOL, i read it and i meant to say that if radiologist has not ordered anything further this means that he is not concerned about anything serious. So just take a chill pill :) Regards
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
have no problem chilaxin, bye darln

Good Bye swetty.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

howdy darlin

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.
Hi, sweet heart, long time, no message :)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

been busy. :) all is going pretty well, my oncologist Dr told me not to see him til next July, then he gonna stop tamoxfin, final countdown, haven't smoked in months, see neuro next month for ms follow up & ent in October for followup on tumor, quiet year finally. Now if I can get rid of this stupid nasal congestion

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.
Oh since how long you have nasal congestion and what have you tried so far? Do you have any specific question other than that for nasal congestion? I am glad to know that things going fine on your end. Regards
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

couple of months. Tried simply saline, tried eating 5 lbs spicy crawfish might help, lol, didn't help, started after I went to casino in Louisiana, was real Smokey, I have little mucos in morning and have to blow nose, then dry after that, sharp ear pain everynoe and then side tumor is on, no other troubles

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Sounds like nasal allergy and there might be some occasional blockade of ear tube present behind the nose. Don't worry I do have suggestions.

1. Over the counter available Tab Claritin once daily.
2. Steam inhalation with menthol drops daily.
3. Lastly I would like to share a home remedy. Take 250 ml of honey, add one table spoon each of ginger extract and black pepper. Make a solution and take one teaspoon twice daily. It might take 15 days or more but will help you.
4. For ear ache, take Tylenol when required.

Hope you will prefect soon and please keep me updated about your health. My best wishes and prayers will always follow you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry respond took a while, was out getn truck clean, phone died. i will try ya home remedy, you reckon this congestion had anything to do with ears hurting really bad about a month ago, i took trip to denver on plane, was fine going, coming back to houston, last 30 min really hurt, lasted a couple of days, tried chewing gum, holding nose and blowing out, dont really have earache bad enough to take tylenol, just sharp pain every so often couple times a week, and getting more sensative to touch on tumor side, cant hardly lay on that side cough too much, dont worry if gets worse i will ask ent about it when i see him in October, you know i procrastinate :).
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.
LOL, Yes I know that. Yes nasal congestion has direct effect on ears because nose and ears are connected with each other through a tube. Nasal congestion congests that tube and what you felt on plane was due to the blockade of that tube. The function of that tube is to equalize the pressure in middle ear. Anyhow following my suggestions will help you. Good luck again :), My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
bye darln, glad i cought ya when you were online, missed you...have good summer, hollar back atcha when you least expect it....
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.
:), will be looking forward always....BYE BYE