Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My husband, a seemingly healthy 61 year old (has a check up

My husband, a seemingly healthy 61 year old (has a check up every 3 months) but this nagging problem of his is driving us both crazy. He is hot all of the time. We keep our A/C set on 67 and he has a ceiling fan going as well as a table fan and constantly complains of being so hot he cannot sleep. He does not wear pajamas so it's not the clothing making him hot. The minute he comes home from work he starts stripping off his clothes. Needless to say, the dog and I are freezing most of the time. Any light you could shed on this would be most welcome. Our Dr. just scrugs, so he has been no help at all.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Since how long he has this problem?

Has he got his thyroid levels checked?

Does he has any symptoms like racing heart, sweating, diarrhea, irritable behavior etc?

Any other test done for this?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he doesn't appear to have any of the other symptoms you refered to. He has had this problem for about 5 or 6 months. He had lab work done about 6 months ago but I don't know if his thyroid was checked or not.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your husband's problem. We call this phenomenon as heat intolerance. It has many causes ranging from thyroid hormone imbalance, side effects of medications to hypothalamic lesions. The most common is increase in thyroid hormone levels. I suggest that he should ask his doctor about his thyroid hormone levels and if they have not been checked recently then he should get fresh levels checked. If they come out to be normal then he should see an internal medicine specialist for further workup but hopefully his primary will get to the cause and solution too. I wish you and your family all the best, XXXXX XXXXX if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.