DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, etc.
24257177

Are super foods like chlorella,moringa,maca,spirulina,cacao,wheatgrass,camu-camu

Are super foods like chlorella,moringa,maca,spirulina,cacao,wheatgrass,camu-camu and acai safe to take in a powdered form? they are said to be raw and certified organic? Thank you very much.Don
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

yes, these super foods are safe to take in a powdered form.

but you should still continue to eat a well balanced diet.

these super foods are high in nutrients and vitamins.

but you still need fiber, protein, probiotics from your regular diet.

let me know if you have questions.

Hello from JA

These foods are not always completely safe.

Spirulina for example, can have excessive amount of iron.

Cacao can trigger migraine headaches in come people who are susceptible.

Camu camu has not had enough study to comment on safety.

Monringa root can cause paralysis and death...so the product must be free of root.

Also is this us certified organic?So it depends on you..do you have any medical conditions?

Need more information before we can make a recommendation.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All of these super foods are said to be certified in the US and the QAI.All of these superfoods are put togrther and you take one scoop in your smoothies daily. I have no health problems. The company that makes them is the Quantum Wellness Botanical Istitute,LLC.

Thank you.

OK
So if you have no health problems, then the best we can say is that these are probably safe.
Excessive spirulina is not a good idea, as it give you more iron than you need...so I do not advise it more than a few times a week for those that are not iron deficient.

Cacao is the other one to watch...migraine, constipation, nausea, allergic skin reactions, and also realize it give a dose of caffeine.

Moringa as already mentioned.

Chorella if you are allergic to it is a problem, causing asthma reactions in some.

Likely it is a safe product, and if it is USDA certified organic that is a high standard.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The amounts are said to made for daily usage. Using one or two scoops a day which includes all 8 of those superfoods combined.So, even though its made for a daily serving your saying some of them still could have those effects on me as mentioned above ? So should I give it a try and see if how I would feel ?
Thank you.

Yes
Let your doctor know
Observe.
Call the company and asking them how much spirulina is in a scoop, and that way you can calculate your iron intake.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there less nutrition in these superfoods because they are in powdered form?

Thank you.

Not really.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, etc.