Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

If fecal matter accidentally comes in contact with an open

If fecal matter accidentally comes in contact with an open wound, how likely is a blood infection

Vakul Aren :

LOcalised infection of the wound due to faecal bacterial contamination would occur.This would lead to local sepsis.If the body's immune system is weakened due to other factors,this may lead to a fulminant infection which may result in septicaemia or blood infection.In a healthy adult the wound infection is likely to be localised by the immune system and may heal in due course.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

How long would a wound have had to have healed before it would have been relatively sealed off from outside germs?

Customer:

Hello?

You appear to have posted this query in the Dental section,Is it OK if i answer this here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think my question has already been answered. Thanks though. (hopefully this won't incur additional cost)

No added costs,sorry for the delay.