Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am a 23 yo female, no history of any disease. I have been

I am a 23 yo female, no history of any disease. I have been having random pains in the left side of my neck, as well as perceived fatigue in my limbs, mild sharp pains in my chest, and pressure in my head/ears. The pressure only occurs while at work but also occurs at home when lying on my stomach. I should mention I have been diagnosed with a mild form of GAD and have had a lot of stress in my life. I am overweight by about 50 lbs but am in the process of dieting and exercising. Of course, the first thing I assume is that something is wrong with my heart. My BP is always in the normal range, almost always 110/70. I've been having mild anxiety attacks, but when these symptoms occur, I am not feeling like an attack is impending at all. They just strike out of the blue. I would just like to have my mind put to ease.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

Where exactly in the chest you feel the pain?

Customer:

Sometimes it is closer to the shoulder, sometimes is it towards the sternum

DR HASAN :

Right or left?

DR HASAN :

You mean left shoulder?

Customer:

Yes

DR HASAN :

Thanks

DR HASAN :

Does those sharp pains feel like an electric current? Do you feel any numbness in your arms or any tingling?

Customer:

No. Just a quick stabbing pain. No numbess or tingling

DR HASAN :

Do you feel any pain on chest on left side?

DR HASAN :

I mean around the nipple area?

Customer:

No. It is usually above that area

Customer:

and feels the same as the shoulder pain

DR HASAN :

Have you tried anything for this and have you seen doctor?

Customer:

I have tried stretching and methods to calm down but I have made an appointment with a doctor, it is just a ways off due to patient load

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. You are over stressing yourself.

DR HASAN :

This sounds like a spine problem like a compressed nerve or anxiety.

DR HASAN :

But anxiety can only be labelled after you have got an xray to rule out your cervical spine problem.

Customer:

I do have sciatica in my left leg, but I will be sure to bring this up at my appointment

DR HASAN :

Ok then this can be related, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab advil thrice daily can be tried till you visit your doctor.

DR HASAN :

Your doctor must get an X ray of your cervical spine.

DR HASAN :

My best wishes are with you and I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery