Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi wondering if you would be able to help me?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. What is your question? How can i help you? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have had spots of bleeding from my anus for about a month nd a bit now and my nan has passed away with bowel cancer at the age of 74 and my boyfriends best mate just passed away with bowel cancer at 26.. I no a lot of people say your to young to get something but you can get anything at any age... I also did a bowel screening test to how you do scrap of your bowel motion over 3 days that came back negative just wondering what you think
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I just need to know that have you had any symptoms like constipation, diarrhea, weight loss, loss of appetite, back pain? Was that fresh bleeding or clotted blood? I just need short replies and i can help you with confidence. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red blood... Looked fresh weight loss no back pain no loss of appetite no diarrhoea no not lately
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Rachael thanks a lot for your input. I completely agree that anything can happen any age so that is not just an answer but still that matters. I will give my answer on the basis of your symptoms and their pattern. 95% of the bowel problems present with the same symptoms, it is the pattern which matters. In your case, i can say this by confidence that your cause s likely to be hemorrhoid or infection of the colon called colitis. Cancer is not consistent with your history because your screening test was negative, you don't have any loss of appetite, back pain etc. Just with a fresh blood, few times and nothing else, i really don't suspect cancer in your case. So please relax and please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but could anal bleeding a sign of bowel cancer
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes of course it could be but it's not necessary. In your specific case I don't think it is. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sick of getting different answers from different doctors on this site some say if your bleeding from the rectum
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Rachael i am sorry for that. Can you explain what is your confusion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctors say on here if your bleeding from the rectum it's not bowel cancer, I've been told bowel cancer doesn't bleed directly from the bottom
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Rachael thanks for your input. Let me explain you;

1. If your blood is red and fresh then this means that it is from rectum and most likely from some bleeding vessel of hemorrhoid or there can be some sort of infection.

2. If your blood is clotted one then this means that it is from higher up source like colon because blood changes it's color and consistency according to area of bleed.

Now in your case as your blood is fresh, you are not likely to have bowel cancer.

I hope this is clear now but if you still have doubts, please feel free because i am here to answer as many questions as you want and till you want.

Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You can continue your question here because you have requested me wrong category.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I guess you were concerned about clotting blood as i used this word in my answer. I wanted to say that if bleeding occurs from higher source like colon then the blood is likely to get clotted and it shouldn't look bright red. So your bleeding is not likely to be from colon and not likely to be related to bowel cancer. Regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but you are asking me question in wrong category. You can continue here if you want. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you mean wrong categories didn't no they were In categories
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
It's ok no problem. I am going to answer you here and you can reply me here. Symptoms of breast cancer includes lump in the breast, lump in the armpit, weight loss, loss of appetite, nipple discharge which is mostly blood stained. The most common symptom is lump and bleeding from nipple. Regards