Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My granddaughter was brought to her doc on 4/15/13 for vomiting,

My granddaughter was brought to her doc on 4/15/13 for vomiting, cough, and some diarrhea. The doctor prescribed amox. Now on 6/2/13 she went in for a dipper rash which turned out to be yeast infection. Could that have been from her taking amox back then?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Customer:

Could that have been the cause for the yeast infection?

Dr. P Jyoti :

No not likely

Dr. P Jyoti :

what is her age?

Customer:

Okay thanks

Dr. P Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P Jyoti :

but i would just like to know a bit more

Dr. P Jyoti :

what is her age?

Customer:

2 years old.

Dr. P Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P Jyoti :

the amoxycillin will not have been the cause of her yeast infection

Dr. P Jyoti :

diaper infection is very common in babies and can occur due to a wide range of causes

Dr. P Jyoti :

like not changing the diaper frequently enough, etc

Dr. P Jyoti :

but the amoxicillin is not the cause of this, dont worry

Dr. P Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

My daughter changed her all the time. Pluss she was working with potty training her. I just don't undrstand how she could of got that over night.

Dr. P Jyoti :

well that does happen

Dr. P Jyoti :

diaper rash with yeast infection unfortunately is quite common in babies

Dr. P Jyoti :

not such a big thing

Dr. P Jyoti :

dont worry about this

Dr. P Jyoti :

but it was not related to amoxycillin

Dr. P Jyoti :

try to keep without diapers for some time

Dr. P Jyoti :

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

It is a big thing when the dad is trying to claim neglect cuss of it.

Dr. P Jyoti :

well, that wont work

Dr. P Jyoti :

no court or authority is going to consider diaper rash as neglect

Dr. P Jyoti :

sorry to hear about this problem, but dont worry

Dr. P Jyoti :

no one is going to take diaper rash as neglect

Dr. P Jyoti :

it happens much too frequently even in very well cared for babies for it to be considered neglect

Dr. P Jyoti :

so do not worry about it

Dr. P Jyoti :

i appreciate the point of your questions now

Dr. P Jyoti :

but do not worry, no one is going to consider neglect for diaper rash

Dr. P Jyoti :

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.

Customer:

Thanks

Dr. P Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward

Dr. P Jyoti :

Dr. P Jyoti :

do you want to ask anything more?

Dr. P Jyoti :

if there is nothing more, If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.

Dr. P Jyoti :

you now need to give a positive rating if my answers have satisfied you

Dr. P Jyoti :

but if you need to ask anything more, then please ask

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.