Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

After, various accidents and war wounds from Viet Nam, I dont

After, various accidents and war wounds from Viet Nam, I don't seem to be able to ejaculate, without the added stimulation, of fellatio, or some such more vigorous manipulation. I would like to continue as before,of course. I am a very young 66, I don't seem to have much trouble with maintaining an erection, throughout the act. She is happy and usually orgasm's herself, as she is a " squirter" so I would know.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

I was trying to chat live with you.

The problem that you are having is called Delayed Ejaculation.

Delayed Ejaculation (DE) or Retarded Ejaculation (RE) is surprisingly common, and is the third most common sexual problem is males, after erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. It is usually a temporary condition that occurs due to some stress.

The most common causes are:

Psychological
: psychological causes lie behind most cases of DE. Increased pressure to perform, performance anxiety, etc. can cause this. A temporary episode of stress can cause this to occur. Things like having a new partner or change of home environment, etc can be the cause.

Medicines
: some medicines like antidepressants can cause this.

Neurological problems
: some damage to nerves like the pelvic nerves can cause this.

Intoxication: excessive use of alcohol or drugs.

I would suggest - first consult a Urologist. This is necessary to rule out any physical cause like low testosterone, etc. Discuss about Delayed or Retarded ejaculation. Also discuss about referral to a psychologist/psychiatrist who also works as a sex therapist. This can be a most useful step for you as a sex therapist can help you come out of this problem.

You can look up here:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/delayed-ejaculation/AN01299
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001954.htm

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.