Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

why/how would your intestines twist? does having stomach fat

why/how would your intestines twist? does having stomach fat increase your risk?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

By twisting do you mean campy abdominal pain? A pain which comes and goes.

Were you having constipation in those days or diarrhea?

Any nausea or vomiting?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah it comes and goes,normal stool, no vomiting or nausea

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There can be many causes for such twisting pain in abdomen. The most common causes are increased acid production in stomach, constipation, stomach flu and indigestion. There are other causes like gall bladder, kidney and bladder problems but they are not likely to be your case because of absence of symptoms i asked for. In such cases OTC pepto bismol and tab tylenol really helps. Sometime this can be due to electrolyte and fluid imbalance so drinking of fluids like Gatorade is advised. Excessive abdominal fat has nothing to do with this. I hope this helps you, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much! if i had a twisted intestine would I be able to have a bowel movement?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. Twisting of intestines is a serious problem and in that case the pain keeps on progressing with appearance of symptoms like nausea, vomiting, fever and ofcourse you must not have passed stool if you had a twisted bowel. It's basically crampy pain of intestines which give a feeling of twisting but actually there is no twisting so please don't stress yourself. I hope this helps you, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery