Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I feel like I have something stuck in my ear, it happened when

Customer Question

I feel like I have something stuck in my ear, it happened when I was cleaning my ear with a q tip, now I have constant pressure in my ear
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have severe pain in ear?
Are you feeling dizzy?
Any discharge through ear/ redness pain or swelling in ear?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have severe pain, just a discomfort, like something is blocking inside my ear, like water or something, I actually was showering when this happened.
No dizziness.
No redness pain or swelling in the ear, not sure what discharge through the ear means.
I have allergy to pollen and some pets so I use a nasal spray, Avamys.
Arnor
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Arnor, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

From the description, it sounds that you impacted the ear canal with wax, which is quite common with Q-tips. This is causing pressure in ear.
As you don't have pain and there is no dizziness and no pain, so i would not panic for any serious issue.

I would suggest that you need to purchase an ear flushing kit -
it contains ear drops of a special type of peroxide (not hydrogen peroxide) and a bulb to irrigate. You should follow the directions advised on that kit.

With use of flushing kit, The wax becomes very soft and moist and would come out.
The ear flush kit is fairly inexpensive and would be very helpful.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
How are you doing? Let me know if you have any more follow up questions.
Thank you and take care.
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I bought this ear rinsing kit and it worked nicely. Thank you for your advice :)
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Arnor,

Good to hear that you had bought ear rinsing kit and it has worked.
It is advised that one should use it for two to three days until all of the wax has been removed.

I wish for your good health.
Thanks for using justanswer.com