Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

About 24 April 2013 I caught a bronchial infection from a person

About 24 April 2013 I caught a bronchial infection from a person coughing.
I had a productive cough (green phlegm), and felt ill and exhausted for 3 weeks,
my eyes stung, but I had no fever as far as I could tell. Those symptoms are gone, except that whenever I get tired, or have too little sleep, I cough a couple of times (green phlegm) a day,
which happens maybe every 4 days. My concern is that it is lasting so long. Is this a worry?
I am 73, non-smoker, no heart problems, normal blood pressure about 75/115, 6 feet tall, 160lb.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : It sounds that you have had a case if bronchitis that has been slow to cometely resolve...
Anthony Bray MD : i think that in most part that you history is consitent with gradual improvement if the respiratory infection but I agree with you that the very long period without complete recovery is a bit concerning....
Anthony Bray MD : A bad case of bronchitis may often cause some lingering cough for 4 to 6 weeks --- very commonly...
Anthony Bray MD : as your cough has persisted even longer although infrequent it does raise mild concern....
Anthony Bray MD : I am more reassured by your pattern of improvement rather than being alarmed so much by the persistence of some cough....
Anthony Bray MD : i think that you should watch symptoms and be checked by your doctor if the cough worsens or fails to resolve within a couple more weeks....
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this information is helpful for you. If you have further questions or discussion then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you!

OK, thanks.

Anthony Bray MD : if my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated! Thank you and best regards ,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome!