Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I am a woman with a small lump in my throat that does not go

I am a woman with a small lump in my throat that does not go away. I quit smoking 7 years ago after smoking for 20 years. I have a young family and am afraid of cancer. I started my isurance as a smoker and then changed to nonsmoker after one year of quitting. I was not deceptive so wouldn't they still have to honor my policy? Should I go to a specialist for test?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : Yes , I would recommend that you see an ENT with regard to your feeling this sense of a lump in your throat ...
Anthony Bray MD : Do you have hoarseness or cough??
Anthony Bray MD : Often I
Anthony Bray MD : Often inflammation of the vocal cords may cause a sense of a lump in the throat... This could be due to vocal cord polyps perhaps...
Anthony Bray MD : While cancer is a potential concern it is more likely NOT to be due to cancer...,
Anthony Bray MD : Your insurance should cover you for services rendered... I would not think that this should be an issue for you....
Anthony Bray MD : Do you feel a lump externally in the neck or more internally as with swallowing??
Anthony Bray MD : if you feel an external lump in the neck then that may be due to an enlarged lymph node...
Anthony Bray MD : Enlargement of the thyroid gland would be another possie cause of your feeling....
Anthony Bray MD : i hope that this information is helpful for you. If you have further questions or discussion then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice