Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

i ve been suffering with migraine headaches since i was very

Customer Question

i ve been suffering with migraine headaches since i was very young, i am currently unemployed and have no health insurance. i have no way of paying for a neurologist doctor visit to fill my medications. It's over $300 dollars a visit. I would like to see if you would prescribed me the meds i've used that work in the past. and if they could be prescribed here , where i live.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
No what you suggest is a felony in the US
Would you like help finding a doctor you can afford?

YOu have to have a doctor that has examined to get norco, anything with codeine in it, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's why i was asking you the doctor, what i could do.

Well you can not get meds on line.

First of all, how long have you been without insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The last four years. Started my own business, self employed. The economy went bad, and i lost everything. The health insurance was one of the first things to go, couldn't afford.

OK
If you go to healthcare.gov there are products that are reasonable and competitive if you have had no insurance for 6 months or longer, including pool products used by many individuals.

Another way to approach this is to call your health department and find out where the neighborhood clinics are. These will be on sliding scale, you pay what you can afford to see the doctor.

Another option is to find any teaching hospital or university hospital, and they will have a medical clinic on sliding scale, which will also tie you in with specialists and pain management doctors.

These are your options unless you can negotiate a fee with a private doctor.

The problem is, that if you don't have insurance, with private doctors you actually get charged more, as you can not contract on the price effectively as the insurance companies can.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Hello
Why would you rate bad service?

I did tell you from the beginning that you an not get medications on line.

What question has not been answered for you?