Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

After many years on sleepingpills (Zopiclone) I dont take them

After many years on sleepingpills (Zopiclone) I dont take them anymore. I have a few in reserve so I can take 1/3 ocasinally if I know that next day I will have a busy day. But here is the problem I notised that I halt my breathing just before I fall asleep. That is strange. I was on Mitrazepin a year ago and there was the same whit the breathing. My be it is that it is just before I go into a nice breathing rythem, so it seems that that my breathing is stopping. Sometimes you think your breathing stops, but you still breath, I dont know. My next days are important so I am a bit worried. Is there a risk to take a 1/4 or 1/3 zopiclone.
Hello from ja
Important question
Let me ask you, what is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

183 height and 75 kg

OK

This very likely can be from the medication.
It can also be from sleep apnea, or an indication of sleep apnea, even though you are not really over weight.

If it only happens with the medication, I would stop using this completely.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.