Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

please advise what the urine production should ounces

please advise what the urine production should ounces per day for a 6 ft, 220 lb man...aged 74.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I am going to address your primary concern first. The normal urine production per day should be between 800 to 2000 ml in 24 hours provided that you drink 2 liter fluids per day. This when converted to ounce becomes 27 to 67 oz/day. Anything between these levels is normal. I hope this answers your concern but please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you dr. hasan for your reply...which is very helpful.

George you are most welcome. Please feel free to contact me for any medical problem. I will be happy to assist you always. Regards