Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I am 57 years old. My right shoulder to my elbow hurts due

I am 57 years old. My right shoulder to my elbow hurts due to no specific reason. My right hand fingers don't feel right. They are not numb but ....
Your description sounds to be probably due to a nerve impingemt at some level . This may be from degenerative disk disease of the cervical spine. It could be due to some impingement of the nerves that intertwine in the brachial plexus.
I think you should consult your doctor for further clinical exam and tests perhaps as necessary...
The abnormal feeling in the hand ( called a paresthesia) might be due to a separate problem of compression. Of the median nerve in the wrist. If this were your problem ( or part of it....) then use of a carpal tunnel brace at times that you use your wrists with much flexion and extension and also use overnight... ( many people may flex a wrist with sleep and possibly rest the head over the wrist ...
I would recommend that you see your doctor and that further testing such as an MRU of the neck msy be helpful for you.
Taking an anti- inflammatory Medicean may be helpful...Aleve 1 to 2 tablets twice a day with food or milk. ( you should not take if you have active ulcers or significant kidney disease
I hope that this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction the please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank you and best regards *****