Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD

I have some blood on toilet tissue every now and then after

I have some blood on toilet tissue every now and then after useing bathroom

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

Blood on the toilet paper after a BM can be due to many causes of which the most common ones are piles (hemorrhoids) and polyps.

Hemorrhoids are caused by engorgement of veins around the anus. Rupture of these vessels while passing stools can cause bleeding.

Polyps are small growths which are usually benign but may in some cases, become malignant.

Please consult your doctor for an examination. If this is due to hemorrhoids, using preparation H ointment will help.

I hope this helps.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MBBS.MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you and the thing i dont recall when this started like its at random that bleeding occurs. And cream that i purchase is preparation H. How long should i use this until i need to see a doctor?

Please use it for 5 days. Also ensure that you drink at least 8 glasses of fluids a day. This will help to keep your stools soft.

Eating adequate fibres by taking food like oats,fresh fruits and vegetables also help to keep the stools soft.

If you continue to get the bleeding after 5 days, please see a doctor.

Hello from JA
Polyps would not be a common cause of bleeding at your age.
Hemorrhoids, fissure, these would be common.
You still need to see your doctor even if this clears up.