Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD

How long can you stay without sleep?

How long can you stay without sleep?

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

It is believed that some humans can go without sleep for up to 8 days but the record for the for the longest period without sleep is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes during a rocking chair marathon. The record holder reported hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech and memory and concentration lapses.

Most people who do not sleep for at least a few hours every 24 hours will suffer from fatigue, lack of concentration and memory lapses.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your answer.

I don't sleep for ten days. Is that I could have the problems you mention?

Yes, that would cause a problem - you would have fatigue, memory losses, lack of concentration, lack of appetite etc.

Please consult your doctor and ask for a sleep study - this ill assess why you go without sleep for such long periods and the effects on your health.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have this intention, but thank you for your reply.

You are welcome.