Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Went to urgent care for allergies and bad cold (yesterday within

Went to urgent care for allergies and bad cold (yesterday within 48 hours( Dr gave me Claritin D, Tessalon Perles, and amoxicillian. I also use an inhaler for asthma. I still wake up in the middle of the night with coughing fits that start as a tickle but I can't stop. I end up wetting myself, throwing up white liquid or throwing up in my mouth (eewww). The pearls dont seem to be working...ugh

RickMD :

Hi. My name isXXXXX completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

RickMD :

What medical question can I help you with this evening?

Customer:

Hello I just sent a question

Customer:

not sure if you got it

Customer:

Customer:

Any suggestions on how to sleep during the night?

RickMD :

hi.

Customer:

hi

RickMD :

As far as over the counter stuff, I would try Nyquil D

Customer:

I have tried all that stuff...which is why they gave me perles

RickMD :

But, it sounds like you are going to need a doctor a bit more qualified then the GP you find at urgent care.

Customer:

and an antiboitc and allergy med but still have bad tickle in my throat

RickMD :

I think you need to consult with an internal medicine MD and, possibly, an allergist so as to get to the bottom of what is going on. It seems that the urgent care doc just "threw" medicines at you in hopes that you would feel better and not come back :(

RickMD :

Have you had allergies this bad before?

Customer:

Yes I do have allergies and asthma but not this bad in a long time...dang cottonwood trees

Customer:

that makes me hack and sound like a wookie from starwars.

Customer:

My lungs are clear..no fluid and no fever just bad tickle in my throat that makes for a 5 minute coughing fit

RickMD :

Phenergan with codeine, a prescription strength cough syrup, should probably solve your night-time tickle/coughing fits with vomiting in your mouth an wetting yourself.

Customer:

I see my PCP wednesday and will talk about going to an allergist and perhaps a stronger asthma med..

RickMD :

That may be all you need until this passes and/or the amoxicillin kicks in

Customer:

ok...I have codine from last time this happened but it makes me werid....

Customer:

Thanks for your help I do appreciate it...and will followup with my PCP this week...

RickMD :

You might think about going back to the urgent care today an seeing if they will give you an Rx for phenergan and codeine cough syrup. If they are concerned perhaps they would give you just enough for a couple of days....

RickMD :

That sounds like a great plan. I hope you feel better soon.