Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am not a regular user of Old Spice Aftershave. I had just

I am not a regular user of Old Spice Aftershave. I had just used it a couple of times in the past, when I was in my early twenties.(around 10-12 years ago). I was clean shaven at the time, and I noticed that after applying Old Spice Aftershave, my facial hair became a bit thinner and took more time to grow back . i.e normally stubble would appear on my face with a day or two after shaving, but after applying Old Spice Aftershave, it took around 3-4 days for stubble to appear on my face).. I had not used Old Spice ever since. However the other day I had to buy a Old Spice aftershave, since there wasn't any other brand available in the small store next to my house.,I am now in my mid thirties and have a moustache and a goatee, I applied Old Spice Aftershave after shaving, and I noticed hair falling of my moustache and goatee (just a little bit).. and I feel my moustache and goatee has become a bit thin after applying Old Spice Aftershave.. So I want to know does Old Spice aftershave interfere with normal beard growth.

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Joshyco,

That is a very good question and, as far as the literature says, Old Spice has not been associated with the delay in beard growth.

It is possible, however, that you are sensitive to something in the formula....

At this point, since I'm sure you don't want to affect your mustache goatee, the easiest thing would be to avoid this product. It sure isn't worth going through a lot of testing.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS