Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

hello doc. i had a few questions about some different things.

hello doc. i had a few questions about some different things. can you chat?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also.

DR HASAN :

You there?

DR HASAN :

What questions you have?

DR HASAN :

Please enter the chat to proceed.

Customer:

i have been having back pain in my upper left side of my back for about a week. it seems to really be hurt in the mornings when i first wake up. do you think that this is muscular or could this be pancreas related?

Customer:

i read somewhere that back pain is a symptom of panceaes problems

DR HASAN :

Do you feel any pain on movement or on pressing that area?

Customer:

not really. when im sitting down and i move to the side, i can really feel it.

Customer:

it seems to get better as the day goes on.

Customer:

i can barely feel it at night

DR HASAN :

For sure this cannot be pancreas related because in pancreas the pain has to progressive and severe with no relief and associated vomiting and nausea.

Customer:

u think im just sleeping wrong, since its worse in the morning and better as the day goes on?

DR HASAN :

Yes this is most likely cause because muscular pains can behave so.

DR HASAN :

Diseases like you are thinking or in anything serious pain is progressive.

DR HASAN :

Advil for few days can help.

DR HASAN :

Change your sleeping position or mattress.

Customer:

do you think that i would have abdominal pain as well if it were my pancreas?

DR HASAN :

Yes of course you should have abdominal pain on front in case of pancreas and vomiting, fever etc.

DR HASAN :

I am sure this is not pancreas.

DR HASAN :

You can't imagine that how severe is pancreas pain usually.

Customer:

is pnacreatic cancer rare?

DR HASAN :

Yes it's rare and not common at your age.

Customer:

ok doc

DR HASAN :

Above all there is not even a single symptom in your case that is persistent with pancreas disease.

DR HASAN :

So please just relax.

Customer:

i also was wondering if it is normal to not be able to feel my lymph nodes in my neck?

Customer:

i cant really feel them

DR HASAN :

No it's usually not normal but if you are thin person then yes you can feel it.

Customer:

im not thin. i am 6 ft 220lbs.

DR HASAN :

ok

Customer:

i cant feel my lymph nodes

Customer:

in my neck

DR HASAN :

oh ok.

Customer:

is that normal

DR HASAN :

Yes one cannot feel lymph nodes normally.

DR HASAN :

Only very thin people can.

DR HASAN :

That too is quite rare.

Customer:

but if i ever do feel them, it could just be from a infection. right?

DR HASAN :

If they are painful to touch then yes.

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

lastly, i had blood work done about a month ago and my wbc was 12.4. is that real bad and should that concern me?

DR HASAN :

Definitely not because it is just above normal and mostly associated with infection. If everything else was ok then for sure nothing to be concerned.

Customer:

the only things that were abnormal according to the normal range were glucose at 107 and wbc at 12.4

Customer:

oh and my gran# XXXXX 10.2

DR HASAN :

This has no association with anything serious.

DR HASAN :

and what was normal range of gran?

Customer:

2.0 to 8.0

DR HASAN :

again it's just above normal and sometime just due to a lab error.

DR HASAN :

overall nothing significant.

Customer:

i have no reason to think this, but no way hiv?

Customer:

i am a paranoid person. im sure you already no that. haha

DR HASAN :

HAHA

DR HASAN :

No i respect your concerns.

DR HASAN :

HIV. no way.

DR HASAN :

don't even think of.

Customer:

leukemia?

DR HASAN :

No way.

DR HASAN :

as i said nothing is likely except a simple infection.

Customer:

so cbc would have pointed to either on off those if i had them?

DR HASAN :

yes

DR HASAN :

most of them.

Customer:

well im getting more blood work done for life insurance and i am kinda nervous about my glucose being 107. do you think that is bad?

DR HASAN :

it was a fasting one?

Customer:

yes

DR HASAN :

what was upper range?

Customer:

105

Customer:

105 was the top # XXXXX normal

DR HASAN :

so it was normal.

DR HASAN :

doesn't matter.

DR HASAN :

even 110 was ok.

DR HASAN :

one such reading has no significance.

Customer:

so it would have to be really high to be diagnosed as a diabetic?

Customer:

like 130's

DR HASAN :

yes more than 125

DR HASAN :

anything else you want to ask?

Customer:

no sir. i think thats gonna cover it. thanks alot doc. i appreciate everything you've done for me.

DR HASAN :

I wish you are all the best and you are most welcome always, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer:

thanks doc. bye

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery