Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I traveled to Mexico, I have all my shots and such but I got

I traveled to Mexico, I have all my shots and such but I got the famous montazumas,
since then I have had upset stomach which leads to constipation and then once I get a movement I have the runs for about 6 hours at first this seemed to be only every 2 to 3 months and now it's every week, I am losing weight muscle more. I feel off and am wondering if perhaps I have a parasite?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Customer:

hello back!

Anthony Bray MD : With the pattern that you describe I would advise that you meet with your doctor. I honk that having stool studies sent for analysis may be helpful for you. You might have contracted an infection - possibly parasitic or other to cause this pattern...
Customer:

ok, I don't see any blood just thick stool while constipated then very loose with a lot of liquid

Anthony Bray MD : stool sent for ova and parasites ( three separate samples increases the sensitivity of these tests ) the stool would typically be sent for culture, white cells and C. Diff as well...
Anthony Bray MD : taking a probiotic such as Activia might be helpful for you...
Customer:

ok I will set up an appointment

Anthony Bray MD : Trying a product such as Metamucil daily may help to keep bowel movements more regular...
Customer:

and I will steal some of the wife's active for sure

Anthony Bray MD : The pattern of back and forth constipation and diarrhea may fit with IBS( irritable bowel syndrome) as a possible cause....
Customer:

I do have a high fiber diet, I am type Two and watch what I eat carefully.

Anthony Bray MD : I hope this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Customer:

for the most part I am mr, 10am on time every time. just not the past two months but I have noticed this pattern and see it getting more and more frequent.

Anthony Bray MD : i hope that this problem resolves soon for you!
Customer:

thank you,