Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

sleep disturbances - wake up every 30 mins to an hour as with

sleep disturbances - wake up every 30 mins to an hour as with a loud bang (without an actual bang) ... ideas?

I would recommend that you discuss this with your doctor. The pattern that you have may be due to obstructive sleep apnea as a possible cause. If you have recurrent obstructions of your airway then this could cause the pattern that you describe. An overnight sleep study would be helpful in your diagnosis. If you had obstructive sleep apnea then other possible signs may include a history of snoring, excess daytime sleepiness, headaches , difficulty concentrating and high blood pressure...

I hope that this is helpful for you! If you have further questions then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Other possibilities? Stress? Grief? No history of snoring I know off

Hello again,

Yes certainly other causes are possible as you have mentioned... Stress, anxiety , depression, restless leg syndrome, hyperthyroidism would be possible causes.

You might benefit from a sleep aid potentially >> over the counter you might try Melatonin 3mg at bedtime>> prescription options might include Elavil, Lunesta, Klonapin , Trazadone and other options.

I do think that a sleep study may be helpful.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions!

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD