Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am 28, single mom of 3, very stressed. I have felt unwell

I am 28, single mom of 3, very stressed. I have felt unwell for months. Recently I noticed a hard lump in the back of my neck and some small softer ones throughout neck. The front of my lower neck, by collar bones, seems very firm, like something's there. I feel a lot of "pressure from me ear down. I have some GI issues, mostly gas, burping often. I have been sick recently. I also have other random aches and sore ribs. I am seeing the dr soon but looking for some reassuring ideas of what may be going in besides something serious. Before I noticed these cysts and firm areas, I thought I may have fibromyalgia. I am getting labwork in the morning and following up with dr, but please give me some other diagnoses to think of, so I stop convincing myself of something terrible
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have pain in lumps in back of neck?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Are you taking any medications now?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No meds except for Ritalin that I quit taking a month ago and Xanax that has run out as well. The whole area has slight pain. CBC and cmp and thyroid labs in morning, no scans yet. I will be following up soon. Im mostly looking for piece of mind and explanations that aren't so scary. If its bad I will find our soon, but what other possibilities are there?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The lumps you are having in back of neck is most probably because of a condition called as lipoma.It is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin.

Its exact cause is not known.Torso, neck and shoulder are the most common site.It is non cancerous.It is diagnosed by physical examination by your doctor.

In general,lipoma is left untreated because there is no known method of treating it and because it is harmless.So it do not generally require treatment.If it causes any discomfort like pain,tenderness,infection or if it increases in size,they can be removed surgically.

The gas,burping & GI issues you are having can be due to gastritis or GERD.It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.

Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.It will help you greatly to treat the gas & burping symptoms.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would lipomas be consistent with my clavicle area feeling so firm? Like inside where it should be "soft tissue" I assume. I do have occasional headaches as well. Are lipomas ever firm fixed when feeling? Thank you so much doc
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes,lipomas can cause stretch and pressure to near by areas like clavicle area.

Lipoma may also be found in deeper tissues such as the intermuscular septa.It can be a soft or firm nodule.

For confirmation of diagnosis,Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) may be done.In this technique, a thin, hollow needle is inserted into the mass/lump to extract cells that will be examined under a microscope.Based on this the exact diagnosis can be made.

Hope this helped.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert