Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am a male and I recently(about 13 days ago) had anal sex

I am a male and I recently(about 13 days ago) had anal sex as the bottom with a transexual Escort and am not sure of his hiv status but I know he is very sexually active with many different partners both male and female. Of course I used a condom but when we were going to switch positions and he withdrew the condom stayed inside of me completely (not hanging out of me at all) and I had to reach in and pull it out with my fingers, he did not get to ejaculate and the encounter ended here but we had been having anal sex for at least ten minutes or so at this point and he was fairly large so it was a bit painful at first and I was soar for about three days, not sure if this increases the risk or not but I want to be as forthcoming as possible. I did not go to the doctor yet nor did I take pep. What is my risk of hiv infection? I asked of his status and he assured me he was negative but one never knows and now I can't sleep or think of anything else. The anxiety is driving me crazy and I can barely function. Also in this same encounter I gave him oral without a condom but I didn't have any cuts or soars in my mouth,this was before the anal and he also did not ejaculate from the oral. I know it was stupid and this is absolutely a wake up call for me but I hope and pray it is not too late. What do you think my chances are? Should I be worried? Should I have gone on pep?

RickMD :

Hi. My name isXXXXX completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

RickMD :

From what you have posted I believe your risk of contracting an STD, and specifically HIV is low for a number of reasons:

RickMD :

1. A condom was used during your receptive anal sex.

RickMD :

2. The escort, who was the "top" did not ejaculate

RickMD :

3. giving and receiving oral sex is very low risk as far as HIV is concerned.

RickMD :

also, once again, no orgasm was reached.

RickMD :

To directly answer your question:

RickMD :

1. I think your chances of becoming infected with HIV is low from what you have posted.

RickMD :

2. I do not think that PEP is necessary. That being said, it may help with your anxiety if you were to contact your doctor and start on PEP as the risks, while they are not zero, are not very high of being treated.

RickMD :

3. I do not think you should be worried.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

RickMD : Hi. My name isXXXXX completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
RickMD : From what you have posted I believe your risk of contracting an STD, and specifically HIV is low for a number of reasons:
RickMD : 1. A condom was used during your receptive anal sex.
RickMD : 2. The escort, who was the "top" did not ejaculate
RickMD : 3. giving and receiving oral sex is very low risk as far as HIV is concerned.
RickMD : also, once again, no orgasm was reached.
RickMD : To directly answer your question:
RickMD : 1. I think your chances of becoming infected with HIV is low from what you have posted.
RickMD : 2. I do not think that PEP is necessary. That being said, it may help with your anxiety if you were to contact your doctor and start on PEP as the risks, while they are not zero, are not very high of being treated.
RickMD : 3. I do not think you should be worried.
RickMD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I am just worried about infection from precum that may have been in the condom. Is there a chance that could happen? Or am I worrying for no reason?
Eric,

That is a good point however, any small amount of precum would be the tip of the condom and safely kept away from you even when the condom slipped off when he pulled out of your rectum..

I had thought of that issue in my answer and, as such, still believe you will be just fine.