Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

Hi, My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and threw up on Friday. Since

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and threw up on Friday. Since then she has had a very bad dry cough. Now she can't sleep because she is coughing.
What shouuld we do

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Dry cough is usually due to irritation from acid reflux or due to an infection. In your wife's case, it is likely to be due to acid reflux sincveit started after an episode of vomiting.

Please give her Prevacid tablets available without a prescription. It can be safely taken during pregnancy. Also ask her to gargle twice daily with warm salt water to help soothe the throat.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She says it feels like a piece of skin in the back for her throat blocking her breathing not acid.

An inflamed tissue at the back of ehr throat will feel like a piece of skin.

Please ask her to take the prevacid and the warm salt water gargle. If this does not help she will need to consult the doctor for a checkup and a throat swab to be sent to the lab.