Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

Will Meclizine 25mg treat dizziness from possible Menieres

Will Meclizine 25mg treat dizziness from possible Meniere's (claimed but not confirmed due to absence of vertigo and loss of hearing) or idopathic tinnitus? I sometimes get severe dizziness due to either ENT issues or Fibro related problems. My ENT doc gave me Meclizine and asked that I take it when dizzy. Never tried because I am afraid of side effects. Will it really help? Also, I get blurry vision with dizziness.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have this dizziness?
Is there any other known medical illness?
Are you taking any other medication?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've been experiencing dizziness since fibro + tinnitus symptoms started 4~5 years ago. Other med conditions include chronic migraine and IBS-D. I am taking Lyrica and Klonopin for neuro pain (from fibro).

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.These stones present in internal ear break off and float free within the semicircular canals of the inner ear.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in dizziness.

Meclizine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body.

This drug may make you drowsy.Other side effects can be like:vomiting,
dry mouth,headache.Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.

Not everyone taking this medication suffers from these side effects.

This drug helps greatly in treating dizziness caused by Meniere's disease or idopathic tinnitus.

So I advice you take this medication as prescribed.It will help you greatly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you taken Meclizine?
Do you have any side effects?

Let me know,