Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Went to Dr and was prescribed 5 day Z Pack for bronchitus.

Went to Dr and was prescribed 5 day Z Pack for bronchitus. Took last pill today, feel a bit better and now no fever, but still nothing produced when I cough and I wheez horribly at night. When I encourage myself to cough it's yellowish brown and some is stringy. Today I developed what looks and feels like I burned th inside of my cheek, white film, cancersore like on the right inside of my mouth. I am sick of being sick, it's been over a month, am I on the right path, or do I need to see a dr again?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to discuss your primary concern and later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms it is quite clear that you still have the infection. Sometime 5 days of course is not enough and sometime one specific antibiotic is not helpful. The white film and burnt area in your mouth shows a secondary fungal infection which is basically due to low immunity or can be the side effect of antibiotic. Yes you need to see your doctor and ideally should get the culture test of that yellowish brown stuff and you may need change of antibiotic or he may continue the same antibiotic. Lastly you should take some OTC multivitamin tablet to boost your immunity. For that white film in mouth, doctor may give you anti fungal drops. In most of the areas gentian violet is over the counter available and you can apply it in the mouth on affected areas. Please don't stress yourself, you will be fine soon. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery