Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Ive been on a regiment of prednazone of 3 per day for 5 days

I've been on a regiment of prednazone of 3 per day for 5 days than 2 a day for 5 days than 1 a day for 5 days. I went on it right after oral surgery for an implant because my ears started ringing right after the implant was installed ... As a after effect I've not been able to have an erection .... How long after I stop taking it(today) will things get back to normal?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Have you stopped taking prednisone (prednazone) today?
Do you have any other known medical illness?
Do you have any pain now?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am done taking prednazone today .. Still have some ringing in my ears .. May be Tettinitus
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,
Thank you for providing additional info.

Prednazone messes with your hormones especially testosterone.It causes loss of desire & hence results in erectile dysfunction.

Other causes of loss of erection are:ageing,diabetes,hypertension (high blood pressure),cardiovascular diseases,cigarette smoking,nerve or spinal cord damage,low testosterone levels,depression and anxiety.

The elimination half life of prednisone is around 3 to 4 hours. This is the time it takes for your body to reduce the plasma levels by half.The prednisone , will stay in the system two to three weeks before it gets completely eliminated out of your system.

Other cause of ED should be ruled out.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that it may take few days to 1-2 weeks that prednisone(prednazone) will be out of your system & the side effects like erectile dysfunction/loss of erection & ringing in ears/tinnitus will get back to normal.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think since the ringing in the ears started the day after my implant was Instaled that its not a coincidence that I now have ringing in both ears or could it be the start of Tinnitus ... Also as time goes by could my nerves calm down and the ringing stop?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes,ringing in ears can be a consequence of procedure of dental implant

Ringing & buzzing in ears is medically termed as a condition called tinnitus.The most common cause of ringing in ears is damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear.Other causes are:hearing nerve impairment due to advanced age,wax buildup or foreign objects in the ear canal, ear or sinus infections,exposure to loud noise,diseases of the central nervous system.

So your ringing in ears can be a consequence of procedure of dental implant.So I think your ringing sensation in ears is most probably because of this procedure.

You need to consult your doctor for examination & rule out other causes & hence the treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question is there any medication I can take that will help settle down the inflammation in my ears??
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,

You can take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg to treat inflammation.Take Tab meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).This may help you treating in ringing ears.Both these are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Final treatment will be prescribed by your doctor after tests & examination.

Hope this helped.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX,
Have you posted any reply?
I have not got your last response.

Also I am posting the last answer again:

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ENT doctor now has me on a little yellow pill that says TEVA on it ( not the medical name) it's supposed to quite my nerves to stop the ringing ...works off and on ... Any opinion on this?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,
Teva is the name of pharmaceutical company & not the name of medication.

It is maufactured by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.

So without knowing the name of medication,I cannot comment on this.

If you are satisfied with my answers,then please do not forget to rate my answer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.If you are satisfied then please do not forget to rate my answer.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The name of the medication to calm my ears and lower the inflammation is called Klonpan ... What do you think ... Any side effects on sex drive?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,

Treatment of ringing in ears/tinnitus includes low doses of anti-anxiety drugs such as Valium or antidepressants such as Elavil help reduce tinnitus.Tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT) uses a combination of sound therapy helps greatly.

Klonopin (clonazepam) is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines.It helps greatly to treat the ringing in ears symptoms.

Klonopin can cause certain sexual side effects, such as changes in sex drive, ejaculation problems, and impotence.But not everyone taking klonopin suffer with these symptoms.

There is noway by which we can predict that weather or no you will get this side effect.Usually it occurs only when taken for long term say for months or years.

So your doctor has prescribed the right medication for you to control the symptoms of ringing in ears.I advise you take it as prescribed.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician