Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have 2 different problems, that may be related, Im not sure.

I have 2 different problems, that may be related, I'm not sure. I am suffering terribly with hemorroids. This has been going on for a little over 2 weeks. The second part of this, is I have not had a solid bowel movement in months. Not sure if this can cause the hemorroids.

Welcoome and thank you for your question.

Yes, your symptoms are probably related.

If you are having diarrhea, then your rectum will be constantly irritated. The muscles will also spasm every time you have a BM - this will cause the veins to get engorged and form hemorrhoids.

Please consult a doctor - you need a stool test and treatment for the loose stool. Unless this is treated, your hemorrhoids will not get better completely.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If the hemorroids are related, why has this just happened, I have had loose stool for probably 7 months ?
This has only just happened because it can take months for the veins to slowly get more and more engorged to form hemorrhoids. Repeated and long term pressure can cause hemorrhoirds - in your case, loose stools for 7 months has lead to the veins getting engorged.