Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Why is my stomach hard and looks like it has a heart beat?

Why is my stomach hard and looks like it has a heart beat? im on birth control and have been for a year and thats around the time all this started to happen. I also dont poop regularly when i do its thin and yellowish brown or diarrhea my pee smells and is yellowish brown and looks foggy.i dont get full when i eat and sometimes i get an upset stomach i have a pain in my upper left abdomen that comes and goes. 1-2 weeks before my period my back starts to get stiff and it feels like i walk leaning forward
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD : Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.
RickMD : How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
Customer: i am 5 9 and 240
RickMD : Ok. Do you have any other symptoms, pain in your stomach area etc? Also, how long has this been going on for?
Customer: i get an upset stomach some times and i have a pain in the upper left abdomenand its been going of for about a year now
RickMD : Ok. Thank you for that extra information. Let me go through your issues on at a time.
Customer: ok
RickMD : The urine smelling and being foggy is most likely due to dehydration. For this I suggest you drink at least 8 glasses of 8oz/each water daily. In addition fruit juices, such as cranberry, are very helpful.
Customer: i drink more then that every day
Customer: all i drink is water and have about 10-12 glasses
RickMD : As to your poop, I believe you may have an irritable bowel. For this it is important to eat regularly, eat alot of fresh fruit and fiber and also consider adding a stool agent like metamucil.
Customer: would that help the hardness of my stomach
RickMD : OK. That is good. You may, then, have a mild urinary tract infection. The best thing to do for the urine issue would be to see your MD for a urine culture to be sure.
Customer: and has a heard beat baisically
RickMD : Yes, that could very well help with your stomach.
Customer: ok
Customer: what about the heart beat?
RickMD : Does the beating by your stomach keep time with the pulse in your wrist?
Customer: yes
RickMD : The pain 2 weeks before your period is probably from ovulation. This occurs at time but, once again, having it checked out by your OB/GYN would be a good idea. I do not, however, think this is anything serious or an emergency.
Customer: ok what about the pain in my abdomen
Customer: and my stomach kinda pokes out around the pain
RickMD : You may just be feeling the main blood vessel in your abdomen called the aorta. At your age it would be very, very rare for you to have a vascular issue.
Customer: its like a lump
RickMD : I think this is most likely due to the irritable bowel we discussed above. But, when you see your OB/GYN have her feel this area and the pulse and get her opinion. Without out touching you (which is hard to do over a computer :), it is impossible for me to pin what is going down more than that. I am sure you can understand this...
RickMD : Does all of this make sense to you?
Customer: yes it does i have done some resurch and this is what i came up with myself just needed it to get comfirmed by a doc
Customer: i just didnt think my ob could do it
RickMD : I'm glad I could be of assistance. You are right....the internet, while it has tons of information, can be hard to put in order as how to apply the data.
RickMD : Yes. You OB can actually deal with all these issues.....
RickMD : and all on one visit :)
Customer: yes well thank you i will be calling her now :)
RickMD : My pleasure. Have a good day.
RickMD : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: you to
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC