Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi doctor,I think I have a greed problem. OKMH519211

Hi doctor,

I think I have a greed problem. I always get everything I can get without even bother about methods. I had my neighbor kids working for me and paid them with candy. Then I bet with you about something I knew so I got the candies back. So practically they work for free. Three of them dropped off school because of working for me. Sometimes I threaten them to make them work harder. My dad told me he will kill me if I kept doing this. So I managed to have them moved so my dad cannot contact them anymore but still they are working for me because I have their little secrets. What should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Camille - Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Camille,

Yes I am ok to wait.

Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the professionals from accessing your question. You will receive an email when your professional has responded. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

How old are you?

How long has this been going on?

Have you ever been in trouble with the law?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 45. This has been going on since I was 25. I have not been in trouble with the law because I know how to handle people. I don't have any medical problems or take any medication.
What type of intervention are you open to?

Does talking with a psychiatrist/psychologist turn you off or would you be OK with that?

Why do you think you want to change your ways at this point in your life?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the kids are fighting back now and I wanna cover all those. Big troubles. I am worrying about myself doing this again. Can't control myself. Can't be honest to anyone even psychologists.
If you can not be honest with anyone, including psychologists, then your only option is to deal with this on your own.

And, since you have not been able to do that to date, I think you will have a poor chance of making the positive changes you need to make.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC