How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a bruise be caused from something internally?

This answer was rated:

Can a bruise be caused from something internally?

Hello, Welcome to and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information- Have you developed bruises on all body? Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ? Do you have associated pain or any other symptoms? Kind Regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dr. Robert, I have no other bruises, no known medical condition and I only take birth control pills. No other symptoms (except the numbing in my hands that I just asked about). The bruise is on my right breast and I don't recall any impact. Thank you.
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
When someone has sudden unexplained bruise, then it is due to some underlying cause and should be evaluated.
It can be due to-
-Vitamin deficiency
-Venous insufficiency
-Skin fragility.
Your doctor can advise few blood tests for evaluation and you will be advised treatment accordingly. You may need these tests-
-CBC (Complete blood count)
-Coagulation studies (PT/PTT/INR)
Sometimes, small bruise develop by its own without any reason, and may resolve by its own. Usually they are not related with any serious issue.
As you have developed only one bruise, so i would just use Wait and Watch approach.
If you develop multiple bruise, or symptoms doesn't start to improve in 1 week, then you should be seen by your primary doctor.
For the time, use ice packs on affected area. Usually single and small bruise will get resolve by its own.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Dr. Robert and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions