Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

In the middle of February, I had sudden hearing loss in my

In the middle of February, I had sudden hearing loss in my left ear. It was complete and virtually nothing registered on the hearing tests. The doctors here in Japan started me immediately on a 2-week regime IVs of steroids and one week of an IV blood thinner, and they had me take take a B-vitamin and Adetphos kowa, which I am still taking, and the doctor added Isosorbide ("Isobide" brand name) today. I also had an MRI which showed no sclerosis or stroke or other problems.

My ear feels congested, as if it's plugged with ear wax or some other substance, but obviously, it's not. I don't have any pain, dizziness nor tinitis, but there is a quiet whooshing sound, much like being somewhat close to the ocean. Loud sounds sound like a metallic sound, that is unidentifiable as to what the sound is or if the sound is a voice, I cannot identify the words. It's just metallic sound.

The condition has improved only slightly, and I wonder if you have any ideas of what I can do.