Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am on high blood pressure medicine but today i am experiencing

I am on high blood pressure medicine but today i am experiencing some tightness off and on in the middle of my chest. I am also very tired and been dizzy off and on today also. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Tammy
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have breathing discomfort?
Are you experiencing numbness in left arm/ shoulder?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Have you checked your blood pressure levels?
Do you have any other associated symptoms?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Robert,
I am not having any discomfort in my breathing. It feels like something is sitting on my chest off and on. I can be either sitting or walking around and it happens. My blood pressure is 133/76 tonight and pulse is 70. There is no numbness in left arm/shoulder. My left side of neck is hurting and feels a little swollen. It has hurt severely when my bp has been elevated and I have developed headaches when it has elevated. No emotional stress. Just stress at work, which is not unusual. Left shoulder is hurting a little but nothing severe.
Dear Tammy, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Tightness in middle of chest along with fatigue and dizziness can occur with from Angina pain.
Angina usually starts with chest pain or tightness.

It is a chest discomfort which occurs when there is decreased blood oxygen supply to an area of the heart muscle.
This pain can be felt as dull, heavy, tight or severe. Also pain and discomfort may spread to your jaw, neck, arms, back or stomach.

You need to undergo few tests-
-Blood tests, such as a blood count, glucose and cholesterol level and specific blood tests for heart damage.
-EKG should be done.

Stress with anxiety/ pain attack may also sometimes cause similar symptoms. To be Honest, I may not be able to pin-point exact cause online, without clinical examination and tests.

Further evaluation can be done after clinical examination and tests.
I suggest that you should not delay and rush to ER ASAP.
You should get immediate medical care.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Robert,
I have already had blood work done in January of this year due having my gallbladder removed. Those test showed up okay. My cholesterol was not too bad. I also went to ER back in March due to I was hurting up in my chest and they done an EKG then and it was good. Can that change? I just developed high blood pressure back in January this year so I'm still trying to understand it. My blood pressure just sitting here just dropped to 125/75 pulse 68 just in about 10 minutes. Is this normal?
Tammy
Tammy, I can understand your concern.

It is good to hear that you already have got blood tests done and they were normal. As you already had EKG, done in march, so chances of heart disease are slim.
Most likely this can be stress and anxiety issue, which has caused your symptoms.
Other possibility is Costochondritis.It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. Nerve can be compressed due to inflamed cartilage and thereby the pain, so heaviness/ pain can spread to neck/ arms.

Changes in blood pressure levels, within normal limits is common. Yes, it is common to have such changes.
You should get it clinically evaluated from your doctor.