Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I noticed a fairly large lump under my left arm two nights

I noticed a fairly large lump under my left arm two nights ago, near the pit but more towards the back or bottom of the shoulder blade. I would say it is probably the size of a ping pong ball. It is not hard at all, more like squishy tissue, and it is not painful at all. I went to the doctor yesterday and she did a breast exam and squeezed around on it and then explained that it could be a number of things but it definitely was a mass of some sort. She first mentioned a CT scan then realizing that I do not have health care she seemed to shift gears and schedule an appt. with a specialist due to the high cost of Mammograms and CT scans. I am female, age 40 and clearly scared to death. Please offer any insight you may be able to offer.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

It seems your doctor did not feel any lymph nodes under arm pit.

Mysticdoc :

Soft squishy painless swelling is likely a benign fat cyst or lipoma.

Mysticdoc :

This is the most likely diagnosis which is bening.

Mysticdoc :

benign.

Mysticdoc :

Cancerous growth is solid or hard and usually causes change in breast appearance if so much palpable, along with enlarged lymph nodes.

Mysticdoc :

In the absence of these findings, I will not consider this as serious finding.

Mysticdoc :

The specialist will also confirm this view.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Mysticdoc : Thanks for your question.
Mysticdoc : It seems your doctor did not feel any lymph nodes under arm pit.
Mysticdoc : Soft squishy painless swelling is likely a benign fat cyst or lipoma.
Mysticdoc : This is the most likely diagnosis which is bening.
Mysticdoc : benign.
Mysticdoc : Cancerous growth is solid or hard and usually causes change in breast appearance if so much palpable, along with enlarged lymph nodes.
Mysticdoc : In the absence of these findings, I will not consider this as serious finding.
Mysticdoc : The specialist will also confirm this view.
Mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile: