Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

hi doc, i recently discover that on the tip of my penis opening

hi doc, i recently discover that on the tip of my penis opening i have several bumps that im not sure if its warth or ppp. I went to the doctor for swap test (Gram stain plus culture and sensitivity) and urine teset turns out they cant find anything . Also i went for hepatitis serology,HIV screening,serology RPR(VDRL),TPHA, culture all negative. Please advise on the possible infection that im getting
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer.

Thank you for the question. Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and I will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Did they test you for herpes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, because i have no pain / itch when urinating , hence the doctor did not suspect for herpes and only suspect personal hygiene
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the useful information Steve.

Your doctor has ruled out most of the likely possibilities that could be responsible for the symptoms you have.

At this point, i will suggest to have the herpes test done, and if this turns out to be negative as well, then honestly, you need not to worry at all.

This might be related to hygiene, or benign papules (which many men get) which are not dangerous or problematic.

At the same time, the standard advice would be to practice safe sex. I say this because you are free from the serious sexually transmitted diseases right now, and we want to make sure that you never ever get any.

Right now you should get the herpes test done (although your lesions and symptoms are not classical but atypical presentations may occur and its important to rule out this possibility).

Continue with the genamycin cream until your next follow up with the doctor and stay relaxed.

I would have been worried too if I were at your place, but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities