Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have pain on my right side, I am 62

I have pain on my right side, I am 62, poor diet, but in good health. the pain is when I press in on that area. other places the upper stomach I get sharp radiating "gas " pains. thought it was constipation but after 2 days I went. I am male. the right side area, mid rib cage has been swollen when I have eaten even a small meal. I also do not drink enough water daily and my job I
has little exercise (behind a desk)

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms indicate that you could have cholecystitis - inflammaiton of the gallbladder. This will cause pain in the lower part of the right ribcage or in theright upper abdomen. There may also be bloating, loss of appetite as well as some nausea.

Stones in the gallbladder can also cause inflammation.

Hepatitis or inflammation of ther liver also cause similar symptoms
.
Please consult your doctor - you will need tests including an ultrasound for the gallbladder and the liver.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
DR. MY MEDICAL INS. DOESNT BEGIN FOR 2 MORE WEEKS, HOW MUCH TIME, "URGENCY" DO I HAVE TO BE SEEEN. NEVER AS YET HAD A COLONOSCOPY. AND MY STOOL WAS LIQUID AND BLACK LAST TIME I WENT YESTERDAY,/?
Bill,

Unless you have taken peptobismol or iron tablets, black stool indicates the presence of blood in the stool - possibly bleeding from an ulcer. Black stools which are liquid as well is almost diagnostic of bleeding .

You need to go to the ER as early as possible - you cannot wait till 2 weeks. You need emergency treatment to stop the bleeding.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANK YOU I WILL SEEK OUT A DR. TOMORROW, URGENT CARE OR AN ER. YOU HAVE BEEN HELPFUL, MY THANKS
You are welcome.