Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Have a back pain I thought I might have pulled a muscle but

Have a back pain I thought I might have pulled a muscle but the pain is on the right side of my back and my right breast hurts too could all this be gas but I'm not gasie
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 11 months ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Since how long you have this pain? Where exactly is the pain? Is this on right side in line with belly button or at back of chest area? Is there any pain on pressing that area or any pain on movement? Any numbness or tingling in that area? Has meloxicam helped? Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Had pain for 2 days light side of back from shoulder down and my right breast hurts
Roseanne thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There are three possible causes. This can be pulled muscle, can be compressed nerve in spine or in shoulder area or can be something like shingle. If there is no redness or itching of the skin and if the pain is not like burning or like electric current then shingles is not likely. If there is pain on pressing that area then them it is more likely to be muscular. If there is associated neck pain or numbness and tingling in the shoulder or back area then compressed nerve is likely. However you don't need to stress yourself because nothing sounds serious. This is definitely not gas. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab aleve twice daily can be helpful. Moreover apply cold compresses to the area. Hopefully you will feel better soon. If symptoms persist then see your doctor but hopefully will not be required. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery