Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have a rash on my neck(started small about 20 yrs ago and

I have a rash on my neck(started small about 20 yrs ago and now goes about all around my neck). I eat very clean; no sugar, processed foods no grains or grain products )except oatmeal 2-3x's a wk, no dairy, low glycemic veges and fruit and no peanuts. All those food give me a sore throat like strept when I eat them And seem to get runny or stuffed nos (some food allergies?). Wondering what might be the cause. I also have very bad toenail fungus (25 yrs) and may have caused systemic fungal infection? For a long time I thought the sore throat was from smoking but since I haven't smoked for 5 yrs, so no. Citric acid in canned foods also seem to make throat feel like strept. Also went with a girl who said she had yeast infection and then heard from someone who went with her shortly after that she had chlamydia. (35 yrs ago). Squeezed lemon and water seems to help as did the Candida diet somewhat while I was on it. Virtually still am, just not strict. Don't have any insurance; any ideas
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine, so I can cover about any question you might have, as well as your follow up questions. Use reply to expert at any time you need to.

If the rash is 20 years old it is not likely infectious.

In might be eczema, or another autoimmune problem.

What you need to do is
a. have a dermatologist look at the rash.
b. have a piece of the rash sent to the lab for identification.

No it has nothing to do with systemic fungal infection, that is largely a myth, and it is not how fungal infection works.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.