Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

The calf of my left leg has been getting swollen and tight

The calf of my left leg has been getting swollen and tight off and on for about a month. It has also been a little painful. Should I see my dr?

Do you have associated pain at lower back/ tingling or numbness at the leg? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have any pain in my back or tingling and numbness- it just gets swollen. I don't have any medical conditions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am sorry for the inconvenience you faced in getting an answer. As per symptoms it is evident that the cause of your calf swelling is a local one rather than systemic cause. This is because of the fact that you have problem with one calf only. It sounds more like a vascular problem which can be in the form of incompetent superficial leg veins or deep venous thrombosis. So yes you should see your doctor at the earliest and should get Doppler ultrasound of the leg to get to the cause. The treatment will be according to the cause. Till you visit your doctor, you can take OTC tab advil thrice daily for pain and should keep your leg elevated specially during sleep with the help of a pillow. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery