Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

I rolled my ankle earlier tonight and it hurts like heck in

I rolled my ankle earlier tonight and it hurts like heck in my ankle part my foot and toes I am elevating and icing it and took two aleve but its not helping what else should I do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Have you noticed redness/ swelling or discoloration in ankle?
Are you able to walk?
Numbness in leg?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its past a ten its sore but no swelling or anything and it hurts to walk on and there is numbness in foot only and it hurts to wiggle my toes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's past ten no swelling or anything else just can't walk or wiggle toes at all very painful

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It could be hair line fracture. It can also be indicative of small tendon injury. A through clinical examination is must for accurate diagnosis.

You may need X-ray/ MRI scan of affected part.
You may need Ace or other elastic bandage as it can provide both support and decrease pain.
You may need stronger anti-inflammatory pills for quick recovery.

Also If required doctor can advise for- Steroid pill, or painkiller medications.Also to reduce inflammation you need to go for various modalities of physical therapy , it includes - Infra red therapy, Wax therapy, Short wave diathermy. These will decrease pain and inflammation.

At this time, i would suggest that you should not delay and rush to ER ASAP for management.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician