Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hello Dr., I have had the same symptoms as posted before.

Hello Dr.,
I have had the same symptoms as posted before. After a careful day, and starting to feel normal again, even knowing I was was not 100% over the diarea, I went to dinner with afriend, and had rice, calamari and a glass of red wine. The diarrea got worse, a sleepless night, and worse cramps this morning than when this all started very early hours of wed, am. Nausea is worse too. Been trying imodium and Hidrasec, and small mouhfulls of water. How long should I wait to get to physician, I am in costa rica visiting, thx.
Jay

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P Jyoti :

so you have been having this diarrhea and cramps for three days now?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P Jyoti :

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello do you see my question?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello please type out your message and press enter to send it

Dr. P Jyoti :

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello there seems to be a problem in chat. I will switch over to question and answer mode.

There seems to have been a problem in chat.

I have switched over to question and answer mode now.

Since you have been having diarrhea and vomiting for three days now, and also severe cramps, and the Immodium has not stopped your diarrhea, this is the time to go to the doctor.

Diarrhea with severe cramps always necessitates going to the doctor. This is because OTC medicines cannot help in cramps. Also when normal OTC medicines like Immodium do not help the diarrhea, then also it is best to go to the doctor.

Hence you should go to the doctor now. Self monitoring can be harmful at this stage. Continue with the rehydrating juice. But do go to the doctor at the earliest.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.